We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Incorrect font is used in Chart's PDF

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v8.7.0.4 to generate PDF of chart - Chart 1 in the attached excel file. In the PDF output, the font used is ArialMT, while the actual font used in excel is Arial. Because of usage of incorrect font, the chart is viewed different from the actual one and text in the Pie Chart overlaps with the Chart Area.

I have attached Excel generated Pdf and Aspose generated Pdf along with a screenshot comparing both.

If you will check the Font in the properties of Aspose generated PDF, the font used is ArialMT. In Excel generated PDF, the font used is Arial.

Following code is used to generate the output:

void chartToPDF() throws Exception {
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("font incorrect.xlsx");
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = "Sheet1";
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get("Chart 1");
chart.toPdf("D:\\response_8.7.0.4.pdf");
}

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.7.0.4, and I able to reproduce the issue, that is; a few data labels are overlapping with the chart. I have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSJAVA-41752 for further investigation.

Regarding your concerns about the wrong font being embedded in the PDF, please note that Aspose.Cells APIs follow PDF specifications which demand writing the PostScript font names where ArialMT is just a PostScript name for the corresponding Arial font. You can observe that every font embedded in the PDF has this suffix.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please try the new fix for Data Labels are overlapping with the Pie Chart issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.7.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41752) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.