Incorrect parsing of CommentRangeStart/End in certain documents

Hello,

We are attempting to build a solution to merge comments from word documents into a composite document with the comments correctly placed in the new merge document (the assumption is that the non-comment content in each document to be merged is identical).

In using the document explorer sample project, we have found situations where the CommentRangeStart and CommentRangeEnd are not seen in the expected placement of the document flow, however on inspecting the source XML file in the word .docx file, the CommentRangeStart and End are in the XML where one would expect them to be.

We are using Words for .NET 9.3. I expect this is some sort of subtle aspose parsing issue.

Please see the attached screenshot and document for an example.

Hi Brett,
Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side (see the attached screenshot). I used the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing. You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

The new version does seem to have solved this problem. I have contacted the sales team about upgrading to the new version. Thanks. Attached is a screenshot comparing the document explorer between the new/old version showing the issue in 9.3.1 parsing.

Hi
It is perfect that everything is working correctly now. Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we are always glad to help you.
Best regards,