Incorrect Pie charts after conversion from xlsx to xls

Hi,

I faced with issue on latest Aspose.Cells 7.5.3.0. After conversion from XLSX (or xlsm) to XLS property “exploded” is lost: “Exploded Pie in 3D” becomes “Pie in 3D”, “Exploded Pie” becomes “Pie”.
Also colors of chart are changed. Please see attached documents.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to observe this issue using your source files and converting them from xlsx to xls format. Exploded pie charts become simple pie charts. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42011.

Many thanks.

Looking forward to get it fixed.

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/fix : Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Hi,

New dll works correctly with Exploded Pie diagrams. But still have one remained issue, I’ve mentioned initially - “Also colors of chart are changed”. You can see this behavior on early attached files.

Thanks for attention to my problem.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. The colors of the pie chart get changed while converting the source file from xlsx to xls. We have reopened this issue and logged your comment. Once, it will be resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Shakeel,

Many thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

In the source file(.xlsx), we can’t read the colors of the slice of pie charts that are automatic and loaded by Excel dynamically. Please call chart.Calculate() before converting.

C#

for (int i = 0; i < book.Worksheets.Count; i++)

{

Worksheet sheet = book.Worksheets[i];

for (int j = 0; j < sheet.Charts.Count; j++)

{

Chart c = sheet.Charts[j];

c.Calculate();

}

}

… …

book.Save(…);

Hi,

Your suggested workaround really works! But have one concern - executing Calculate method can take time and affect total performance of application. Is not it?

Many thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with above code change. Calculate method should not affect your application performance. If you still face performance issue, please let us know. We will look into it and help you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42011) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.