Incorrect symbols appear in PNG output of visio page

Hello,

I am using aspose.diagram v6.7.0 to generate PNG of page - 'symbols' of the attached visio file. In the PNG output, symbols used in visio page are incorrect.

Following code is used to generate the PNG output:

Diagram diagram = new Diagram("field symbols.vsdx");
String pageName = "symbols";
Page srcPage = diagram.getPages().getPage(pageName);
File outputFile = new File("output.png");
int imageFormat = SaveFileFormat.PNG;

int pageIndex = 0;
ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(imageFormat);
options.setResolution(96);
for (Page page : (Iterable) diagram.getPages()) {
if (page.getID() == srcPage.getID()) {
options.setPageIndex(pageIndex);
options.setPageCount(1);
break;
}
pageIndex++;
}
diagram.save(outputFile.getAbsolutePath(), options);

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect symbol appearance. It has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50366 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi Neha,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50366 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.9.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Neha,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50366, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.8.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the latest Hotfix version - Aspose.Diagram 6.8.1. It fixes the issue for PNG output but now the same issue occurs for SVG output for the same Visio file. I have attached the SVG output for your reference.

Can you please analyse this?

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for the inquiry. We have tested your Visio diagram “field symbols.vsdx” against the latest version 6.8.1 and sample code:

[Java]
// load a Visio diagram
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(“C:\AD\test745\field symbols.vsdx”);
// save in the SVG format
SVGSaveOptions options = new SVGSaveOptions();
options.setPageIndex(1);
diagram.save(“C:\AD\test745\Output_Java.svg”, options);

We have attached the resulting SVG for your kind reference. It works and does not change the said symbol as shown in your comparison screenshot "comparison.png. Please make sure that you have tested against latest Hotfix version 6.8.1, otherwise please provide us your sample code and environment details (Java version, IDE etc.). We'll investigate and reply you appropriately.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

When I opened the SVG file that you have shared in Internet Explorer, the symbols were correct, but when I opened it in Chrome and Firefox, the symbols were incorrect (As shown in the comparison screenshot “comparison.png” that I had shared earlier). The output should be same irrespective of the browser. So, can you please look into this issue further.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for the details. We have logged an investigation under ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50416 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Neha,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50416 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.9.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Neha,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50416, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.8.2.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50366;DIAGRAMJAVA-50416) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I verified this issue for both PNG and SVG using aspose.diagram 17.1.0. Earlier incorrect symbol was coming, but now the symbol is invisible in both png and svg.

In SVG, the symbol is coming but in white color, so it is invisible as the background is also white. May be it is invisible in PNG for this same reason. Actual color of the symbol is blue so it should appear in blue color.

I have attached both png and svg outputs for your reference.

Can you please analyse this?

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We have evaluated the presented scenarios, and we are able to notice both mentioned issues therefore we have raised these incidents with the product team under the following tickets. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the cases. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

• DIAGRAMJAVA-50462: Symbol disappears while converting VSDX to PNG
  • DIAGRAMJAVA-50463: Symbol disappears while converting VSDX to SVG

Hi Neha,

This is to update you that we have resolved the problems logged earlier as DIAGRAMJAVA-50462 & DIAGRAMJAVA-50463. We will share the fix with next revision of the API in couple of days.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50462;DIAGRAMJAVA-50463) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.02.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.