Incorrect Task Data / References in Updated MPP File

Hi Kashif,

The issue with re-calculation still exists. Attached are two files.

1. MPP file - we started from a blank MSP 2010 file and added a few tasks and saves the output as MPP

2. XML File - We started from a blank MSP 2010 file and added a few tasks and saved the output as MPP

When you open the XML file in MSP 2010, the summary tasks dates and duration is re-calculated upon opening of the file. When you open the MPP file, it is not. We have to manually use the "Calculate Project" options. Is there a way to force the re-calculation after all the data has been added from the code?

Thanks

Subb

HI Subramanyam,

After an initial investigation, I could not find the reason for MSP not doing auto re-calculation and needs to be investigated more. I would request you to please spare us a little time to investigate this issue further. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Subramanyam,

Thank you for your patience.

We have investigated this issue at our end by testing it on 2 different PCs, each having a different build version of MSP 2010, and our findings are as follow:

1. When the output MPP file is opened on 1st pc (having build 14.0.4760.1000 64-bit), the duration of Summary Task is 0. If you manually press the “Calculate Project” button, then the duration is fine i.e. 6 days

2. When the output MPP file is opened on 2nd pc (having build 14.0.6123.5001 64-bit), the duration of Summary Task is fine i.e. 6 days

Though we now know that there is some issue due to change in MSP 2010 version, we are yet investigating the reason behind this and need some time to finalize our findings. Meanwhile, we can not provide you any other suggestion in this regard as our investigations are still in process. We will write back here once we have more news for you and appreciate your patience in this respect.

Hi,

Do you have any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Subramanyam,

I am afraid but we don’t have any update available in this regard. A reference to the conversation is available in the comments against the logged tickets and as soon as there are some findings available in this regard, I’ll update you here via this thread. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.