Incorrect text direction after download powerpoint from stream

I have problem with text direction after I download from stream stored in DB. Here is the problem:

- After I download and save to local file, I open it and I got the message ‘Powerpoint found unreadable content’. After I click yes, the file can open, but the text direction is incorrect. I only get stream from DB without any update or change.

I attached the template and the result for you can investigate.

I’ve found out some topics related to unreadable content but, it doesn’t help my case.

Below is the code for download function:
PresentationEx fromTemplate = new PresentationEx(new MemoryStream(template));
this.Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.12”;
this.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “Attachment; filename=fromTemplate.pptx”);
this.Response.Flush();

System.IO.Stream st = this.Response.OutputStream;
fromTemplate.Write(st);

this.Response.End();

I appreciate for any help from you and customer support

Hi Giang,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the code snippet and presentation files shared by you and like to share that the specified issue has already been added in our issue tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-33780 and has been resolved as well. The fix for this issue will be available in upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for .NET which is due for release by the end of this month. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Could you notify me when this issue will be resolved? Thank you.

Hi Giang,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue shared has been resolved and fix for it will be shared in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.9.0, which is scheduled for delivery by next week hopefully. I will share the notification with you as soon as it will be released after my verification of the resolved issues.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Have you got the version 6.9.0 available? I have the demo with business users next week, but they only want to use pptx file.

I hope I can get the update version by end of this week for me can update the source code asap.

Thank you for your support.
GN

Hi Giang,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.9.0 is due for release and we are hopeful to share that by this weekend or early next week. I may be able to confirm you with the status once I will receive the response from our development team lead by tomorrow.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33780) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi,

After I installed the latest version, the text direction issue is solved, but I still have some issues below:
- When I open the saved pptx, I got error message"Powerpoint found unreadable content in …". The detail msg “This file may have become corrupt or damaged for the following reasons:
Third-party XML editors sometimes create files that are not compatible with Microsoft Office XML specifications.
The file has been purposely corrupted with the intent to harm your computer or your data.”
- Another issue is can’t write custom document properties to the file. Before it works with my ppt file.

Please help me to resolve these issues.
Thanks,
GN

Hi GN.

I like to share that I have again verified the POTX file shared by you and have used the shared code snippet on my end. I have not been able to observe any issue while opening presentations in PowerPoint 2010. If there is any other set of presentation you are referring to then please share the sample presentations and code sample with us for further investigation. Please also share the generated corrupted output as well for reference.

I have attached the generated presentations and sample code for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I attached the testing template and the download file. I just tried to test the simple function.
You will see in the download file, I can’t get properties and also have error when open it.

Below is my code:
PresentationEx report = new PresentationEx(“F:\Projects\ES Reporting\CR_Template1.pptx”);
DocumentPropertiesEx dp = report.DocumentProperties;
foreach (SlideEx slide in report.Slides)
{
switch (slide.SlideNumber)
{
case 1:
case 2:
report.DocumentProperties[String.Format("{0}", slide.SlideId)] = 1;
break;
default:
report.DocumentProperties[String.Format("{0}", slide.SlideId)] = 0;
break;
}
}
// report.Write(“F:\Projects\ES Reporting\CR_Template_Download.pptx”);
report.Save(“F:\Projects\ES Reporting\CR_Template1_Download.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

Please let me know if I’m lacking of anything.

Thanks,
Giang

Hi Giang,

I have tried opening the generated file shared by you using PowerPoint 2010 and have not been able to observe the issue while opening the presentation. Secondly, I have also observed the added document properties and have encircled them in shared image. Can you please snapshot of your end along with PowerPoint version as I have not been able to reproduce issues on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi there,

I’m using Powerpoint 2007. I also attached the screen snapshot here for you can investigate.

Thanks,
Giang

Hi Giang,

Thanks for your feedback. I have tried opening the presentation on my end using PowerPoint 2007 and have not been able to observe any issue. For your kind reference, I have attached the PowerPoint version as well along with image of document properties. Can you please share the exact PowerPoint version that you are using to reproduce the issue.

Many Thanks,