Index was outside the bounds of the array (BarcodeReader.Read())

I'm using the latest version of the Aspose.BarCodeRecognition dll (4.2.0.0) for the .net framework 4.0 for C# (released 8/01/2011). I'm attempting to read a 2D barcode (PDF417) from a PDF that I created using Aspose.BarCode. When I hit the line of code that calls the Read() method from the BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader object, I get this error "Index was outside the bounds of the array." I also get this error when I try to use the demo barcode reader on the Aspose website (http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/csharp/barcode-reader/read-from-pdf.aspx).

Please help...

I have attached the PDF file in question. Also, here is a code snipped from my application:

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
if (extractor.GetNextImage(ms))
ms.Position = 0;

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(ms, BarCodeReadType.Pdf417);
while (reader.Read())
{

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

This is happening due to the images that are passed to the BarCodeReader, some of those have 2x2 dimension that do not contain any barcode. As a workaround, could you please wrap the Read() method in a separate try catch block? It worked at my end with the following code.

// bind the pdf
PdfExtractor extractor = new PdfExtractor();
extractor.BindPdf(@“Form+A.pdf”);
extractor.ExtractImage();
Console.WriteLine(“Extracting images…”);
int i = 1;
// save images to stream in a loop
while (extractor.HasNextImage())
{
Console.WriteLine(“Getting next image…”);
// save to stream
MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
extractor.GetNextImage(stream);
stream.Position = 0;
Console.WriteLine(“Recognizing barcode…” + i);
// recognize the barcode from the image stream above
BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.Pdf417);
try
{
while (reader.Read())
{
Console.WriteLine("Symbology: " + reader.GetReadType() + " == Codetext: " + reader.GetCodeText());
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Console.WriteLine("Error reading barcode: " + ex.Message);
}
reader.Close();
i++;
}

Hi Saqib,

Thanks for your reply.

Just so we're clear...are you asking me to "eat" the exception and allow the extractor to keep processing?

Hi,

This is a bug (ID: 29718), to throw IndexOutofBounds exception on some of the extracted images, which would be fixed by us. Please use the above solution as a workaround until the issue gets resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-29718) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.