Index was outside the bounds of the array error

There seems to be a limit on the amount of text than can exist in a TextBox on a Slide.

When I try to create a Presentation object using a presentation file that contains a large amout of text on a slide (about 74k), I get an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error.

Is there a fix for this?

Hello Michael,

Thanks for reporting.

We will look into it and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you - let me know if you would like me to send an example of a Presentation that causes the error.

I attached the PPT.

Yes, do attach it here in this post. If it is confidential, then you can also choose to set your post private.

Here is the code snippet that causes the error (I attached the PPT file in an earlier post):

FileStream oPresFileStream = new FileStream(this.FileNameMapped, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

Presentation oPresentation = new Presentation(oPresFileStream); <== ERROR OCCURS HERE

oPresFileStream.Close();

Any progress on this error?

Thanks.

Not yet, I will let you know once it is fixed.

Shakeel,

Please give an estimate on when this can be fixed. The customer has a 30 day window for receiving a refund. If he is not able to use the product, he has already expressed that he would like a refund.

Mgilbert,

If once you receive your time frame estimate and are still not happy, we will make sure you receive a refund. Thank you for your business and patience.

Dear Mgilbert,

Development team will soon update you.

Hello Michael,

Please find attached new version of Aspose.Slides which can read long text.
Btw, do you have any real use cases for such text? It’s not possible to fit it to a slide.

Thank you for fixing this, I will test it out shortly.

The use case is the following:

We are using Apose Slides to insert Dundas charts into existing Presentations. So the user will create "placeholder" slides in an existing Presentation where the user would like a chart. First the user will create a chart using Dundas Chart Builder and export the chart as an XML file. Then the user will copy the XML into the placeholder slide - this XML could be very large and will run off the slide. The user will then run a custom application (built using Aspose) that parses the Presentation and looks for XML. Once a slide is found that contains XML, the Dundas chart image is created and the XML is replaced by the chart image.

I’d suggest using AlternativeText instead.
It’s stored as plain unicode text without formatting and should work much quicker.