We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

IndexOutOfBound Exception when generating an Excel

Hi,

I’m trying to generate an excel document. But I am getting the following error.

We’re using aspose-cells.jar (8.9.0)

Error is thrown at below line:

chart.calculate();

The error is:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 4, Size: 4 at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653) at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429) at com.aspose.cells.zavm.a(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zavm.a(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zil.b(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zir.an(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zjz.d(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zip.b(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.zip.a(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.Chart.a(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.cells.Chart.calculate(Unknown Source) at

Could you please check this.

Regards
Shikha

@shikha1709

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the latest version and see if it fixes your issue.

If your issue is still not resolved then please provide us your sample code and sample Excel file so that we could replicate the exception at our end and log the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix.

Hi ,

Thnaks for your response, When I am trying to use version 18.1. I am getting below exception:
com.aspose.cells.CellsException: The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 2017-05-31, but this version of the product was released on 2018-01-17

Is there any temporary license is available for the same version which i can just use for testing?

Thank you

@shikha1709,

If you would like an evaluation license to test without any restrictions for 30 days, please follow the directions provided here to obtain the temporary license.

Thanks a lot team , I am able to resolve the issue with newer version. Could you please let me know the latest aspose-cells version which was released till 2017-05-31.
Thank you.

@shikha1709,

Well, you may try/use Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5 or older versions with your current license:
https://artifact.aspose.com/webapp/#/artifacts/browse/tree/General/repo/com/aspose/aspose-cells/17.5

If the issue is not resolved with v17.5 then I am a fraid there is no other alternative but to upgrade to latest APIs set.

Hello Amjad,

For time being , I need to use older version of library only that is aspose-cells.jar (8.9.0) and it seems data issue of from application side so I need to debug Aspose library older version. Could you please get me the link of github repo for aspose-cells ?

Thank you for the help.

@shikha1709,

As I told you we cannot evaluate or fix any issue in older versions. The fixes are based on latest APIs set. The issue is not reproduced in newer versions as you pointed out. If you still want to persist with older version of the product (v8.9.0) you may download it here (but the issue would occur as you told):
https://artifact.aspose.com/webapp/#/artifacts/browse/tree/General/repo/com/aspose/aspose-cells/8.9.0

You may download Examples @ Github repos.:

Hello Amjad,

Thank you for your quick response.
Since it is data issue from our application side, I need to debug the code for aspose-cells 8.9.0, could you please let me know if source code of aspose-cells is open source ? If yes, could you please also share the link?

Thanks a lot.

@shikha1709,

Aspose products are not Open Source, as well as we do not include the source code to the products when you purchase.

Hello Amjad, We are using Aspose 18.2 version for .Net and few users have reported this error with Aspose “Index was outside the bounds of the array”. This error message is random and shows sometimes with different reports. The issue is that it doesn’t pin point the exact cell with the issue and also this error is not observed by manual refresh of excel for same report. Is this a known issue and fixed in latest version? We are trying to upgrade to 18.4 or 18.6 but in the meanwhile your guidance regarding this error will be helpful.

@rajendrak,

This is not a known issue. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to latest version of the component, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.6. If you still find the issue with v18.6, we need a sample console (runnable) application (you may zip it prior attaching here) and template file(s) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

We will observe to see if this is observed again with the latest version we have which is 2018.11. Not related to above issue but I have couple of other issues to check about.

1. When the data has FALSE Aspose is converting it into False. Similarly some numbers are being copied in text format when data is copied source onto excel. Anything can be done to stop this?
  2. Does Aspose support other language characters presence while rendering a report ? the feed file could have for example Japanese characters and the data is being referred to in report view created based on the feed. Otherwise the excel is English report. Any known issue with this?

@rajendrak,

1. Could you provide us a sample console (runnable) application (you may zip it prior attaching here) and template file(s) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

2. Aspose.Cells does support other language characters and there should not be any known issue regarding it. If you find any issue, let us know with details, sample code and template file(s), we will check it soon.