INDIRECT doesn't work with excel tables

I am reporting the same issue as the following post but related to excel tables:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/133931

Please see the attached spreadsheet and code:

public static void TestIndirectReference2()
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@"C:\temp\spreadsheets\test01.xlsx");
Worksheet sheet1 = workbook.Worksheets[0];

workbook.CalculateFormula(false);
Console.WriteLine("Value: " + sheet1.Cells["A4"].Value);

}

This function should display Test, instead it displays:
Value: #REF!

This code works fine (it is the same code in the mentioned post but converted to C#):

public static void TestIndirectReference()
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
sheet1.Cells["A1"].Value = 123;
Range namedRange = sheet1.Cells.CreateRange("A1", "A2");
namedRange.Name = "TestRange";
sheet1.Cells["B1"].Formula = "=INDIRECT(\"TestRange\")";
sheet1.Cells["A3"].Formula = "=INDIRECT(\"TestRange\")";
Console.WriteLine("Value: "+ sheet1.Cells["B1"].Value);
Console.WriteLine("Value: " + sheet1.Cells["A3"].Value);
}

I am using version 7.5.1.

Please advise if there is any workaround.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have looked into your issue and found the first code segment is not working fine and giving incorrect value. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41864.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.3 and let us know your feedback.

I have a question in relation to your releases. When you release a new version, do you run regression tests and other test cases? One could possibly have thousands of test cases… What is your confidence level that a new version didn’t break something?

I am asking this because you seem to crank up new versions pretty quickly and I want to know much testing I have to do on my side to make sure existing stuff is not broken. I am using Aspose’s calculation engine…

Thank you!

Hey, guys, there is still something wrong here.

Please see the attached spreadsheet.

Here is the program:

public static void TestIndirectReference2()
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“C:\temp\spreadsheets\test01.xlsx”);

Console.WriteLine("Value: " + sheet1.Cells[“A5”].Value);

}

The program displays Value: #REF!

Excel shows 60412.

INDIRECT in the aspose engine doesn’t seem to support the

[] syntax.

Could you please fix this one as well?

Thank you

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue using your source file and sample code. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix the issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41883.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

Yes, they work.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums, we will be glad to help you further.

I have a question though. I assume the indirect function is a tricky one because it takes a string parameter that contains an expression that ultimately points to a cell.

Are you sure you fixed other permutations that might apply in this case? If you look at this thread you implemented two fixes. The first fix applied strictly to the syntax that included a table name. Personally I thought that when you are going to crack open this area you’ll fix all the possible permutations. It turned out that it wasn’t true. The second issue has been fixed, which is very good. But one can wonder why the second issue wasn’t fixed the first time. I think it would be better to be proactive.

Anyway, it’s good, thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Well, the indirect function should be fixed with other permutations too. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums, we will look into it and help you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41883;CELLSNET-41864) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.