Information on password-protection of files through SSRS

Information on password-protection of files through SSRS

Hi Joe,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please note that Aspose.Imaging product family does not have a component for SSRS, that is why we believe that your inquiry meant for some other product forum. Could you please let us know what SSRS product are you referring to, so we may move your request to appropriate forum for further assistance.

actually this request was opened in response to an attempt to use the chat window. I have no idea how it got posted on the images site.

I'm interested in the SSRS reporting add-ins for excel and PDF

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your response.

I am going to move this thread to Aspose.Total forum, where experts from Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf departments will soon help you out.

Regards,

Hi,

I am representative of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Yes, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services support encryption of the workbooks.

By encryption, it means, you will have to specify the password to open/modify your workbook.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.16 (MSI)

Please use these configurations in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. You may check the following documentation links for details and code snippet as per your requirement.

Security Setting

Kindly use the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services v2.4 and check, if it fits your need. If you still face any problem, please feel free to contact.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Joe,

I am representing Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services does not possess the capability to generate password protected presentations for given report. An issue with ID SLIDESREP-33160 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the possibility of implementing the desired feature. However, Aspose.Slides for .NET does offer you to password protect the files. You can export your report to presentations and then access the presentations via Aspose.Slides for .NET and set the password for accessing it. Please visit this documentation link for further information on setting password.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

We are please to share that now you can password protect the presentations exported for Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services with a custom password. You may need to modify the rsreportserver.config file that is located over following path.

…\MSRS10_50.SQL2008R2\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config

You may need to find the instance of desired PPT or PPTX extension in file as under.

You need to replace the replace the above line with following line.

Please share if you may need any further help in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33160) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.