Initial load of Aspose.Cells is takes along time

the first call to aspose in our app takes at least 10 seconds. every subsequent calls is quick. it is just the first call.
is there any way to speed this up?

Hi,

Which version of Aspose.Cells for .NET you are using? did you try the latest version 4.5.

If you still find the issue, kindly post your template file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

I think the slow load time doesn't matter with Aspose.Cells, but .Net framework or asp.net. But we don't find this issue and the application loads Aspose.Cells very fast.

Please create a simple console application to reproduce your problem then we can see how to optimize it.

I have a feeling it may be a vista issue.
I am just going to test on xp to make sure.

i will send the repro app over shortly

The problem is not a vista only issue.
it occurs on both vista and xp

attached is a sample app that demonstrate the problem

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

It looks very strange as we could not reproduce the issue you have mentioned. I did test your code with 4.4.1 , also with 4.5 in VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 and it works abs. fine on both environments as the starttime and endtime are almost the same without any sort of delay / gap what so ever. Did you test it in VS.NET 2003 or VS.NET 2005 envs if you got the same delay.

Any how we will further investigate your issue on our end soon.

Thank you.

I will test it on vs2005 (currently we use vs2008).

Can you confirm that the first time you press the button after starting the app there is no delay.

the delay for us, only happened the first time the button was pressed.

each press after that showed no sign of a delay.

we had to restart the app to reproduce the problem again.

I can confirm that the problem also happens under vs2005.

Hi,

We checked this project in VS2005 and VS2008. It works fine.

Could you list your machine, OS info here?

I have tried it on various different machines here, so i suspect that it may be an issue with machine on our domain.
it may be a security policy setting or an issue with anti-virus.
I am going to test on a machine outside of the domain and see if this runs better.
i will let you know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for your workaround.

Right. we have tested this on a machine outside of our network and it loads perfectly and quickly.
So, the issue must be on our network.

Can you give me some idea as to what is happening when aspose is loaded for the first time.
Are there any known issues between Aspose and McAfee Anti-Virus?
or do you know of any conflicts with recent Microsoft Windows updates/security patches?

Can you give me some idea as to what is happening when aspose is loaded for the first time.

Nothing special. It's same as other .Net assembly. Do you have any special security settings?

Are there any known issues between Aspose and McAfee Anti-Virus?

No.

or do you know of any conflicts with recent Microsoft Windows updates/security patches?

No.

Our IT team are investigating now to see if there are any security policy settings which maybe affecting it.

We use an number of 3rd party components in our software, and we are only experiencing this problem aspose.

anyway, i will let you if we find anything.

thnaks for your help.

it seems that when loading aspose for the first time. it tries connecting to the internet.

it tries to connect to `http://vip1.cdn.cachefly.net`, on port 5984

it wouldn't happen to have a time out of 15 seconds?

in fact the port number changes everytime.

We don't know anything about cachefly.

I think it depends on your configuration. Please check `http://www.cachefly.net/`.

It seems to be some sort of proxy service.

While aspose.cells does not have anything to do with cachefly, does aspose try and connect in the internet when it is first loaded?

I am wondering what is prompting this internet request.

Aspose.Cells doesn’t try to connect internet at any time.