Inlcude license fill in the executable

dear support,

I am using .NET and am protecting my .NET code with the “.NET Reactor” tool, which allows the inclusion of additional assemblies into the main exe, but this relates only to dll’s and so on. I am thus including aspose.cells.dll in my obfuscated exe - which works fine.

Question. Is it possible to include the aspose.cells license file into the exe as to protect it from copying. Any thoughts on doing so ?

many thanks,

guido

@GuidoDeBouver,
You may please refer to the following article to protect your license from being leaked or stolen:
License Protection.

Feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

ok, thanks for your suggestion. I had already added the license fil as an embedded resource, but had not yet encrypted it - thanks for the hint.

I will go for now with this, even if this method does not bring much obstruction for an experienced hacker ( encrypted license file and decryption key is in the code ). Obfuscation could bring some additional barriers.

Maybe something to consider for Aspose from a product perspective.

many thanks,

guido

Hi,

Good to know that the suggested methods are helpful to you.

We keep the licensing module as separate and our product team does not want to mix it with the APIs source code (base code). The example (which is provided in our previous reply) to encrypt/decrypt the license file is just for reference only, we take no responsibility regarding its reliability for any issues which might occur. We think our users should use their own .NET code and algorithms to encrypt/decrypt their licenses for their requirements.

Thank you.