Inline Html to Pdf (formatting Issues)

We are using Aspose Total for .Net in our web application to convert files(doc,excel etc) into PDF files.
Now our requirement is convert html to pdf.

We are using version 7.5.0.0 of Aspose.PDF to convert Inline HTML (generated as string at runtime) into PDF.

We have found some formatting issues while converting from inline html to pdf:

Here is the sample inline html used to reproduce the issues:

Product Name Product Price
BlackBerry Bold 9000 $9000.00
BlackBerry 5000 $7000.00
Product2 $4000.00

Issue 1. border color(#cccccc) is not refecting in the pdf file.
Issue 2. height attribute in i.e table row is not working in the pdf file.
Issue 3. vertical align is also not working in the pdf file.
Issue 4. align=‘center’ is not working in the pdf file.

Please find the attached files “HtmlTableInBrowser.png” & “Pdf Result.png” for your reference.

Could you please provide us the solution/workaround in order to resolves these mentioned issues asap?

Thanks & Regards

Vineet

vineets:
Issue 1. border color(#cccccc) is not refecting in the pdf file.
Hi Vineet,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same issue. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in
our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34638.
vineets:
Issue 2. height attribute in i.e table row is not working in the pdf file.
I have separately logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-34639.
vineets:
Issue 3. vertical align is also not working in the pdf file.
I have separately logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34640.
vineets:
Issue 4. align=‘center’ is not working in the pdf file.
I have separately logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34641.

We will further look into the details of these issues and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for you inconvenience.

PS, As a workaround, you may consider using Aspose.Words to read the input HTML file and directly save it into PDF format.

Hello Nayyer,

Thanks for reply.

while working with aspose.pdf dll in order to convert pdf from inline html string, we found some more issues related to the html table.

following are the issues we found:

1) bottom border is missing in last row of table in page number 1

2) top border is missing in first row of table in page number 1

3) half data in coming on one page and other data in coming in another page (see page 2 & 3).

4) Single table is split into multiple tables on page no 4,7 & 10.

we are attaching the files “sampleHtmlTable.Zip” & “sampleHtmlTable.pdf” for your reference.

could you please provide us the workaround for these issues, so that the contents in the table should be kept together for proper results?

Thanks & Regards

Vineet

vineets:
1) bottom border is missing in last row of table in page number 1
Hi Vineet,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the above stated problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34682.

vineets:
2) top border is missing in first row of table in page number 1
I have separately logged this issue as as PDFNEWNET-34683.

vineets:
3) half data in coming on one page and other data in coming in another page (see page 2 & 3).

I have separately logged this issue as as PDFNEWNET-34685.
vineets:
4) Single table is split into multiple tables on page no 4,7 & 10.

I have separately logged this issue as as PDFNEWNET-34684.

We will further investigate these issues in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.<o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience

Thanks for created issues mentioned by us.

We found another issue while generating inline html to pdf, it throws an "The Font ‘univers-bold’ is not found. This font is not supported. " error or some time creates 0 size pdf file.

please find the sample html to reproduce the issue

*OSHA 3327-05R 2009

OSHA 3327-05R 2009

OSHA 3327-05R 2009

Also is there is any property so that aspose.pdf can suppress unsupported html tags to handle runtime error while converting inline html to pdf.

Thanks & Regards

Vineet

vineets:
Thanks for created issues mentioned by us.

We found another issue while generating inline html to pdf, it throws an "The Font ‘univers-bold’ is not found. This font is not supported. " error or some time creates 0 size pdf file.

please find the sample html to reproduce the issue

*OSHA 3327-05R 2009

OSHA 3327-05R 2009

OSHA 3327-05R 2009

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34691. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

vineets:
Also is there is any property so that aspose.pdf can suppress unsupported html tags to handle runtime error while converting inline html to pdf.
I am afraid the requested feature is
currently not supported but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this
requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as PDFNEWNET-34690. As soon as we have made some progress towards the implementation of this feature,we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Hello codewarior,

We found lot of issues while converting inline html to pdf as mentioned in previous posts.
we found another issues while converting the inline html to pdf.
please find the sample html and its resultant pdf in zipped attachment.

could you please provide us the workaround in order to resolve this issue at least. its very much required for us for testing aspose.pdf.dll (7.6.0.0).

Thanks

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Thanks
for sharing the details.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-34710. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi
Codewarior,

We are evaluating aspose.pdf.dll(7.6.0.0) and want to display Arabic Language text in
the pdf file by converting inline html to pdf file.
but the pdf file are not rendering the Arabic text and display either blank spaces or dot instead.
Could you provide any help how could the arabic language text be displayed in the pdf file?

Please find the sample html file in order to reproduce the issue.

To reproduce the please replace the "?????" characters with any Arabic text in the attached html file.(ArabicHtml.zip)

Could you please provide us solution/workaround, as its very critical for us?

Thanks

Vineet

vineets:
We are evaluating aspose.pdf.dll(7.6.0.0) and want to display Arabic Language text in the pdf file by converting inline html to pdf file.
but the pdf file are not rendering the Arabic text and display either blank spaces or dot instead.
Hi Vineet,

Thanks for sharing the resource files and sorry for the delayed response.

I have been able to reproduce the same problem and for the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34785. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34638) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34639;PDFNEWNET-34640;PDFNEWNET-34641) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34690;PDFNEWNET-34691;PDFNEWNET-34684;PDFNEWNET-34685;PDFNEWNET-34682;PDFNEWNET-34683) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the requirement to suppress unsupported HTML tag exception logged earlier as PDFNEWNET-34690 and we are pleased to share that this feature is implemented in new Document Object Model for HTML to PDF conversion. Please visit the following link for further details on Convert HTML to PDF Format

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-34710) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.8.