Inquiry about Aspose.Slides for .NET

Hi Support,

We are evaluating the Aspose.Slides for .NET for our company. We have downloaded the Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0

component for the below url:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx

We are able to create the sample presentation and could save it as .ppt file. So far so good, but when we tried to

Imports Aspose.Slides.Pptx

namespace and tried to create the sample .pptx file - Office 2007 Presentation, we are able to create the file. But when we open the file, we are getting the attached message

On clicking the OKbutton, file opens but no slides were present, it’s empty.

So,
we are just curious to know that about whether .Net component support
the .pptx file creation or we are just not doing it the right way.

We are using the below code

'Instantiate PresentationEx class that represents PPTX file
Dim pres As New PresentationEx()

'Access first slide
Dim sld As SlideEx = pres.Slides(0)

'Define columns with widths and rows with heights
Dim dblCols() As Double = {50, 50, 50}

Dim dblRows() As Double = {50, 30, 30, 30, 30}

'Add table shape to slide
Dim idx As Integer = sld.Shapes.AddTable(100, 50, dblCols, dblRows)

Dim tbl As TableEx = CType(sld.Shapes(idx), TableEx)

'Set border format for each cell
For Each row As RowEx In tbl.Rows

For Each cell As CellEx In row

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderTop.Width = 5

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderBottom.Width = 5

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderLeft.Width = 5

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderRight.Width = 5

Next cell

Next row

'Merge cells 1 & 2 of row 1

'tbl.MergeCells(tbl(0, 0), tbl(1, 0), False)

'Add text to the merged cell

tbl(0, 0).TextFrame.Text = “Merged Cells”

'Write PPTX to Disk

pres.Write(“d:\table.pptx”)

I would appreciate if you could just help us in doing the proof of concept for .pptx.

Also, one question.

If we buy this component then does it includes the component for SQL
Reporting Service PPT rendering extension or we need to buy that
separately.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have worked on the issue shared by you and have been able to observe the issue shared by you. The issue happens when presentation is opened in PowerPoint 2007 but PowerPoint 2010 opens it successfully. It seems to be a regression issue and an issue with ID 29015 has be been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.

Secondly, the subscription for Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is separate from Aspose.Slides for .NET and you may need to buy the subscriptions separately for this.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your response.

Can you provide us the .Net updated component that could open the file in Office 2007 (PowerPoint)?

Most of our customers are having Office 2007, so we would like to see a solution for this.

Do you have any plan to look into the component issue related to PowerPoint2007 and release a updated version?

Thanks,
Karamir Mor

Hi Karamir Mor,

Our development team has scheduled the issue for investigation during week 30 of 2011. This is a regression issue and will be resolved as soon as possible. Secondly, you may use Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.2.0 for the time being.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Support,

Has the regression issue (as mentioned in the email thread) has been resolved.

Please update.

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue specified has been fixed in upcoming release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.4.0. We will share the notification with you once the product will be released.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you please share the tentative released date of Aspose.Slides for .Net 5.4.0

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

I am hopeful but not sure that the new release will be available before end of August.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassi,

Thanks for the update.
One more question:

Is there any difference b/w the component features available in Demo/Trial Version & Licensed version? Or there are certain features that are available only in the Licensed version of the s/w.

I am asking because I need to start the development effort using the component. As of now we will download the earlier released of demo/trial version (say 5.3.0) and then getting started on that. Later on when the Aspose.Slide 5.4.0 version will be available, we will buy it and then replaces the existing earlier version DLL with the new licensed version.

Do we need to do some code changes due to the new licensed version or everything works as it? Please confirm.

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

There is no difference at all in terms of functionality for evolutionary version or licensed version. The evolutionary version does some thing extra by creating a watermark in slides of generated presentation. You will use the same dll as you are using at the moment but will call license in your application to remove watermark. If you still have any queries you are more than welcome for them. Please visit this documentation link for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29015) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Mudassir,

Is the new release version is available now for use?

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

Yes, Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.4.0 is latest available official version and your issue has been resolved in it.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We have downloaded the Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.4.0 version. But the issue still persist. Still we can’t get the PPT in .pptx format.

We have tried the following approach:

1) Create the slides in PPT and then saving it in PPTX format

2) Use the required namespace to create the PPTX slides

But we have been getting the same error message as before.

Please help.

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

I have used the code snippet shared by you here in your former post and have been able to generate the presentation successfully. I have been able to open the presentation in both PowerPoint 2010 and PowerPoint 2007 without any issue. For your kind reference, I have also attached the image showing the presentation opened in PowerPoint 2007. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0 this time for my testing.

Secondly, can you please elaborate the following new requirements shared by you in your last post. I feel the issue 29015 that was added on your request does not encompass these requirements.

We have tried the following approach:

1) Create the slides in PPT and then saving it in PPTX format

2) Use the required namespace to create the PPTX slides

Please share details about the above mentioned requirements and share a project code for expedite verification of the issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your input.

You said you have used the ASP.Net Slide 5.5.0 version for the testing. Can you please confirm if this works for ASP.Net Slide 5.4.0 version as well? Or we should download the ASP.Net Slide 5.5.0 version?

Regarding the approach we have used this time, #2 is the same what we have been discussiong earlier right through my first email.

#1 is that first we will create the slides in older version (.ppt) of the powerpoint(earlier than 2007). Then I think component has the option to convert any slides from older version(.ppt) to the newer version(.pptx), right?

But we have not been able to create slides in .pptx using any of the approach with ASP.Net Slide 5.4.0.

Hope you will be able to understand my approach.

Thanks,

Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir,

I would recommend you to use Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0 as this is the latest available version. Secondly, for PPT to PPTX conversion issues, please share the input presentation so that we may work on it to reproduce the issue. I also like to comment that we partially support PPT to PPTX conversion at the moment. For more details on PPT to PPTX conversion, please visit this link.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I am sorry but still we can’t get it going.

Can you please share the code with which you have been able to create the presentation in PPTX format.

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor

Hi Karamvir Mor,

I am extremely sorry to share that I have not been able to understand the request for code made by you.Can you please specify in details about the requested code snippet.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

When I am requesting code snippet that means I am asking for the sample code with which you have been able to create the presentation in PPTX format. This is because we were not able to create it in PPTX using the below code. That’s why I am asking a working code sample that could create the presentation in .PPTX format.

Did you make any change to the below highlighted code to create the presentation in PPTX format (using ASP.NET Slide 5.5.0)

'Instantiate PresentationEx class that represents PPTX file
Dim pres As New PresentationEx()

'Access first slide
Dim sld As SlideEx = pres.Slides(0)

'Define columns with widths and rows with heights
Dim dblCols() As Double = {50, 50, 50}

Dim dblRows() As Double = {50, 30, 30, 30, 30}

'Add table shape to slide
Dim idx As Integer = sld.Shapes.AddTable(100, 50, dblCols, dblRows)

Dim tbl As TableEx = CType(sld.Shapes(idx), TableEx)

'Set border format for each cell
For Each row As RowEx In tbl.Rows

For Each cell As CellEx In row

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderTop.Width = 5

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderBottom.Width = 5

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderLeft.Width = 5

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red
cell.BorderRight.Width = 5

Next cell

Next row

'Merge cells 1 & 2 of row 1

'tbl.MergeCells(tbl(0, 0), tbl(1, 0), False)

'Add text to the merged cell

tbl(0, 0).TextFrame.Text = “Merged Cells”

'Write PPTX to Disk

pres.Write(“d:\table.pptx”)

Thanks,
Karamvir Mor