Inquiry about the Possibility of Support for Pivot Tables with Relationships

Dear Aspose Support,

I would like to update a pivot table with established relationships, but I’m encountering an exception stating “this data source is not supported.” Is there any plan to support this functionality in the future ?
For your reference, I have attached a sample code.

Thank you in advance.
aspose.zip (56.2 KB)

@tizu
Aspose.Cells currently does not support refreshing pivot tables using external data sources. Our internal system has established a ticket to track the issue of refreshing pivot tables using external data sources. Once there is an update, we will notify you immediately.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSPYTHONNET-190

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@John.He

Thank you for you prompt response. I look forward to receiving updates on the ticket.
By the way, the attached Excel file is not an “external data source” but an internal one.

@tizu
Thank you for your feedback. The data source of the pivot table in the sample file is a connection information. Connection information can be linked to external data sources. Just put a simple text in the “Command Text” text box in the sample file. Please refer to the attachment. result.png (72.9 KB)

In short, we have observed the issues you mentioned and will notify you promptly once there are any updates.

@tizu
It’s a power pivot table and we do not support refreshing such it now. We can not support refreshing it soon.

pivottable.png (7.3 KB)
We only support the pivot table when “Add this data to the Data Model” is not selected now.

@simon.zhao

I understand that there is no prospect for support .
Thank you for your response.

1 Like

@tizu
Power Pivot Table with data model is a complex feature. We had a failed attempt the year before last.

We plan to study this feature again this year as it’s a important new feature, but we cannot provide when we can support it.