Looking to implement a process as follow, need to know if Aspose can do this:
- Detect the top of a page, or a top of a column
- Insert some content, possibly made of one, two or tree pieces (paragraphs or table rows)
- Make sure the document re-flows its content
- Repeat the process for the next top of column or top of page (which may have shifted as a result of our previous insert)
- At the end of the process, recalculate TOC and other cross-reference fields in case some page numbers have changed.
We already have all this working in Word VBA. I am looking at moving this server side and therefore considering Aspose.
I need to know if Aspose supports navigating by page and column, which is obviously tightly dependent on rendering. We need very accurate rendering, since after inserting the content at the top of multiple pages and columns, the document will be downloaded client side and opened in Word, where we expect the page flow to be preserved so that the content we inserted is actually located at the top of pages and columns.