Insert html -> heading style lost

Hello,

I’ve discovered another issue in Aspose.Words InsertHtml function. When inserting the html shown below, the second header becomes regular text. Once I put a
between the heading and list, or remove the empty style rule for ul, the header is shown again. Can you confirm this issue?

Regards,

Paul Vrugt
Sr Software Engineer
Infoland BV

ul
{

}

First Header

some text

Second header

• listitem

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your query. Please remove ul { } from and use DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method for your HTML. Please read following documentation link for your kind reference. (Style Features Supported on HTML Export/Import)

https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/style-features-supported-on-html-import/
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/style-features-supported-on-html-export/

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hello,
I already pointed out in my original post that removing the empty ul style rule fixes the issue. But this is not really a solution for our issue. The link you sent me on html import explains that list style are not supported, but I assume that this means that the styles defined of lists are not applied to the document. I did not expect that having an empty style rule for lists would actually affect the rest of the document. This seems like an issue in aspose.words to me.
The import documentation states that support for list styles is “planned”. Is there any estimate about when this will be supported? (weeks, months, years?)
Regards,
Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Paul,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the details. The feature ID for HTML list style support on importing HTML is WORDSNET-1203. I am afraid this feature had been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Tahir,
Do you have any news about the list styles support on html import (wordsnet-1203). The feature has “planned” next to it for as long as I can remember, but we would really like ANY estimate about when this is going to be implemented. Will this be done next month? year? will it ever be implemented? If not, we will need to go look for an alternative solution.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have requested the development team to share the ETA of this feature. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

We appreciate your patience.

Hello Tahir,
We are still waiting for an estimate. Its been over 3 weeks you said you were requesting an estimate. The feature has been marked as “planned” for years now. We really want an estimate if and when this is going to be implemented.
Any news?
Regards
Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Paul,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. We do understand your situation, however I am afraid, at the moment we can’t provide you the ETA for this feature. This feature had been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience.

I have received response from our development team about the status of WORDSNET-1203. The responsible developer has planned to integrate this feature in Aspose.Words 13.7.0 release. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include this feature in Aspose.Words’ July release i.e. 13.7.0. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment; I will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

Ok thank you Tahir!
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patiecne.

infolandproddev:
I’ve discovered another issue in Aspose.Words InsertHtml function. When inserting the html shown below, the second header becomes regular text. Once I put a
between the heading and list, or remove the empty style rule for ul, the header is shown again. Can you confirm this issue?

I have tested again the scenario by using latest version of Aspose.Words v 13.6.0 and have found that the second header is not converted to normal text in output Doc/Docx/Pdf files. I have attached the input and output Docx file with this post for your kind reference.

Document doc = new
Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.InsertHtml(File.ReadAllText(MyDir + “in.html”));
doc.Save(MyDir + “out.docx”);

Could you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.6.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. Hope this helps you.

Hello Tahir,
I’ve tested the scenario with an updated aspose.words, and the issue seems fixed indeed. I don’t know in what version this changed, but the problem doesn’t seem to occur anymore in newer aspose versions.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that your problem has been solved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

[quote user=“tahir.manzoor”]Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience.

I have received response from our development team about the status of WORDSNET-1203. The responsible developer has planned to integrate this feature in Aspose.Words 13.7.0 release. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include this feature in Aspose.Words’ July release i.e. 13.7.0. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment; I will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

[/quote]
Hello Tahir,
as you stated above the wordsnet-1203 was planned for aspose.words 13.7.0. The latest version of aspose.words is 14.4.0, and this feature has yet to be added. What is the status of this issue? We still have several issues waiting for this feature. (TT40516, TT38964, TT38880)

Hi Paul,
There were several sub-issues created under this issue. Only one sub-issue is now in progress and remaining are resolved. This issue will be included in the coming release i.e. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.5.0 due at the end of this month. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1203) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(8)