Insert watermark in PPT\XLS

Hi guys:

I am interested in your Aspose, like Word, Excel, PPT, PDF API. Now we need to implement a function regarding inserting watermark, we want to embed a watermark like image, character watermarks in the Word/Excel/PPT/PDF, but I find you just provide the Word and PDF API. Do you have the Excel/PPT API to do it? and moreover, I hope you can provide an example how to insert or remove a hidden character watermark. If you have those APIs, and we hope to purchase it. Thanks very much.

Thanks,

Kaka

Hi Kaka,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. As per your understanding, Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to add Image/Text watermarks to PDF files. Please visit the following link for further details on Working with Stamps and Watermarks

Now concerning to your requirement for adding watermark in PPT files, please note that we have a product named Aspose.Slides for .NET which supports the feature to Create/Manipulate PowerPoint presentations. Now concerning to the requirement of adding watermarks to PPT files, my fellow worker from respective team will share further details over this topic.

Furthermore, please note that we have a separate product named Aspose.Cells for .NET which provides the capability to Create/Manipulate/Edit Excel worksheets. It also supports the feature to add watermark to XLS/XLSX files. For further information, please visit

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells team and would like to reply you regarding insert watermarks in Excel spreadsheets. Please see the following article on adding a Watermark to an Excel worksheet:
(.NET):
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Add+WordArt+Watermark+to+Worksheet
(JAVA):
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Add+WordArt+Watermark+to+Worksheet

I will paste the sample .NET code for inserting watermark in a worksheet here:

Sample code:
'Instantiate a new Workbook
Dim workbook As New Workbook()
'Get the first default sheet
Dim sheet As Worksheet = workbook.Worksheets(0)
'Add Watermark
Dim wordart As Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape = sheet.Shapes.AddTextEffect(MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect1, "CONFIDENTIAL", "Arial Black", 50, False, True, 18, 8, 1, 1, 130, 800)

'Set the rotation angle
wordart.RotationAngle = 3

'Get the fill format of the word art
Dim wordArtFormat As MsoFillFormat = wordart.FillFormat
'Set the color
wordArtFormat.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red
'Set the transparency
wordArtFormat.Transparency = 0.9
'Make the line invisible
Dim lineFormat As MsoLineFormat = wordart.LineFormat
lineFormat.IsVisible = False
'Save the file
workbook.Save("e:\test2\My_Watermarkt_Test.xlsx")

Please let us know if you need more information, we are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Hi Kaka,

I am representing Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that Aspose. Slides offers the property of shapes locking that you can use for adding watermark. Please visit this thread link for your kind reference. I also like to add that you can even add image as watermark and use the shape locking feature to set that as watermark on your presentation. Please visit this documentation link to see how to add the images inside the shapes.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

I am very concerned with the watermark implementation with Java language, and I will do a research for it recently, and if I have any question, will reply to you

Hi Kaka,

If you need to add watermark on PDF files over Java environment, please try using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. For more information, please visit

Hi Kaka,

I am representative of Aspose.Words.

Thanks for your query. You can add Watermark to Word document by using Aspose.Words. Please read following documentation link to add Watermark into your document.

You can remove hidden text from your document by using following code snippet.

// Open document

Document doc = new Document(MYDir + "in.doc");

// Get all runs.

NodeCollection runs = doc.getChildNodes(NodeType.RUN, true);

// Remove hidden runs.

for (Run run : (Iterable<Run>)runs)

{

if(run.getFont().getHidden())

run.remove();

}

// Save the result.

doc.save(MYDir + "Asposeout.doc");

Please use the getHidden and setHidden methods of Font class to work with fonts formatted as hidden text.

I appreciate you very much, now I still have lots of questions to ask you.

1. How to convert the Word/Excel/PPT/PDF to SWF file?

2. Does it support multithread/concurrence when converting them?

3. How is the performance when converting the Word/Excel/PPT/PDF to SWF?

4. How to insert the hidden watermark into Word/Excel/PPT/PDF?

5. How to get the hidden watermark?

Hi Kaka,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for replying you late.

Please notice my comments related to PDF manipulation over 411341.

Hi Kaka,

I like to share that for Aspose.Slides related part of your query, I have shared my response in another similar thread here where you have shared the same questions. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Kaka,

I am representative of Aspose.Words. Thanks for your queries.

xiaolu40:

1. How to convert the Word/Excel/PPT/PDF to SWF file?

Please use the following code snippet to convert MS Word documents to SWF file format. Please read SaveFormat enumeration for your kind reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Macromedia+Flash+File+Format+%28SWF%29

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");

doc.Save(MyDir + "AsposeOut.swf", SaveFormat.Swf);

xiaolu40:

1. Does it support multithread/concurrence when converting them?

Aspose.Words component does support multi-threading. The only thing you need to make sure is that you always use separate Document instances per each thread. One thread should use one Document object.

xiaolu40:

1. How is the performance when converting the Word/Excel/PPT/PDF to SWF?

Aspose.Words has ability to quickly and reliably convert different document formats with a high degree of precision.

xiaolu40:

1. How to insert the hidden watermark into Word/Excel/PPT/PDF?
  2. How to get the hidden watermark?

Can you please elaborate the requirement of adding hidden watermarks in MS Word file? What sort of watermark you are trying add in your application and that is also hidden as well?

Hi,

Please check the reply here for Aspose.Cells.

Thank you.