Inserting a column causes a problem with charts

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 17.8.
The code below causes an issue in a macro-enabled workbook that contains a chart (the test workbook is attached). After inserting a column in the left-most position and saving the workbook, I get the following warning when I open the saved workbook in Excel:

“We found a problem with some content in ‘’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.”

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto);
        lo.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;
        lo.LoadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All);

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("d:\\function plot 3D_1.xlsm", lo);
        Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"];

sheet.Cells.InsertColumns(0, 1, true);

OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Auto);

workbook.Save("d:\\_function plot 3D_1.xlsm.xlsm", saveOptions);

What am I doing wrong? Please help.
Thank you.

function plot 3D_1.zip (42.4 KB)

@GSergey,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that by inserting a column into the worksheet causes MS Excel prompt an error message “We found a problem with some content in… '” and crashed.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45784” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@GSergey,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45784”) now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

@GSergey

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the fix. It works perfectly.
Could you please upload the fix for .NET Client Profile editions of Aspose.Cells?

Thank you.

@GSergey

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose APIs.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the recent fix. For .NET Client Profile edition, you will have to wait till 20-Dec-2017 when we will publish official release 17.12. The official release will be downloadable from NuGet and it will contain all editions of Aspose.Cells.

@GSergey,

Please try Aspose.Cells for .Net Client Profile version for your needs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45784) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.12 update.

Please also check the following article:

Hello,

Thank you very much for the fix. It works in .NET Client Profile now.

@GSergey,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the latest version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.