We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Inserting a Flag shape

Good afternoon,

I am using Aspose.Diagram, and I am attempting to isnert a flag into the visio diagram.

My code for doing this is as follows:

string flagMaster = @“Flags”;
long flagID = vdxDiagram.AddShape(4, 4, 1, 1, flagMaster, 0);
Shape flag = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(flagID);

When we open the document into Visio Viewer, the flag is inserted into the document, but the ‘pieces’ appear to be scrambled…

How do I make this shape appear correctly?
If this is an unresolved bug, is there a workaround (create a custom shape that looks like a flag somehow?)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting support. Please provide us your stencil or Visio drawing in this forum thread. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly. It’ll help us to be more specific.

imran.rafique:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting support. Please provide us your stencil or Visio drawing in this forum thread. We'll take a closer look and guide you accordingly. It'll help us to be more specific.

Attached is an example visio file.
The flag shape is a shape built in to visio. It is not custom. We are attempting to add more of them to the visio.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for sharing the sample diagram. We have tested your scenario against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.4.0. It looks perfect to us. We have attached an output VDX file for your reference. In case, it does not help, then please highlight problematic shape through a screenshot and also share environment details. Sample code:

[C#]
//Load diagram
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(@“C:\temp\Fishbone_Duration_Example.vsd”);

string flagMaster = @“Flags”;
long flagID = diagram.AddShape(6, 4, 1, 1, flagMaster, 0);
Shape flag = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(flagID);

diagram.Save(@“C:\temp\Output.vdx”, Aspose.Diagram.SaveFileFormat.VDX);

imran.rafique:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for sharing the sample diagram. We have tested your scenario against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.4.0. It looks perfect to us. We have attached an output VDX file for your reference. In case, it does not help, then please highlight problematic shape through a screenshot and also share environment details. Sample code:

[C#]
//Load diagram Diagram diagram = new Diagram(@"C:\temp\Fishbone_Duration_Example.vsd");
string flagMaster = @"Flags"; long flagID = diagram.AddShape(6, 4, 1, 1, flagMaster, 0); Shape flag = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(flagID);
diagram.Save(@"C:\temp\Output.vdx", Aspose.Diagram.SaveFileFormat.VDX);

I opened up the output file that you attached, and the flag that you inserted appears messed up.
Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

What version of visio viewer are you testing this on that it works?
I am on version 15.0.4420.1017

Note that flags that were already their, inserted via visio, and not aspose appear fine. Only the flag that is inserted with aspose is messed up.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for updating us. We have checked with these two version as follows:

Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
Version: 14.0.7015.1000

Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
Service pack 1
Version: 15.0.4569.1504

I have attached a screenshot for your reference (screenshot.png).
Note: You need to upgrade SP2013 version 15.0.4420.1017 to Service pack 1.

We hope, this helps.

imran.rafique:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for updating us. We have checked with these two version as follows:

Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
Version: 14.0.7015.1000

Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
Service pack 1
Version: 15.0.4569.1504

I have attached a screenshot for your reference (screenshot.png).
Note: You need to upgrade SP2013 version 15.0.4420.1017 to Service pack 1.

We hope, this helps.

Sp1 has been installed, which brought us to version 15.0.4569.1503.
I will see about downgrading it back to the version you mentioned.

In the mean time, we do not have Visio Professsional, have you checked this against visio viewer? This appears to be the main differences between your setup and mine.

Hi Charles,

We’re working over your inquiry and will get back to you shortly.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for being patient. We have tested against the Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010. The flag shape appears messed up. We have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50234 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenienced you faced.

[quote user=“imran.rafique”]Hi Charles,

Thank you for being patient. We have tested against the Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010. The flag shape appears messed up. We have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50234 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenienced you faced.

[/quote]
Has this issue been resolved?

HI Charles,

Thank you for asking about an update. We’re sorry to share with you that the linked issue is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue shortly. We’ll let you know once any update is available from him in this regard. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Hi Charles,

The issue id DIAGRAMNET-50234 has been fixed in the latest release of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.5.0. Please use the latest version and let us know your feedback.

Please refer to the download page:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx

We hope, this helps.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50234) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.