Inserting any type of file into word document

I have word document with lots of items in there.

I have created a bookmark, so, I can access that bookmark and replace it’s content with bunch of files which I have in my admin interface ( ASPX ) and files are stored in Database as stream.

That file can have any type of file. I just want this file to be embedded in MS Word document. Can you please supply me code where I can drop any file in my repopulated MS Word file.

Note : word document format ( .doc - 97-2007 compatible ).

Thanks. Waiting for your reply.

Dear Ankit,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, inserting new OLE objects (in your case files of any types are OLE objects) into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects are not supported by Aspose.Words at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.
You can access embedded objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. But creating new and editing existing OLE objects are not supported.
I linked your request to appropriate record in our tracking system - probably we will implement features in the future. Since implementaion is complicated for now I can not provide you by any timeline.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Is it possible ( to add attachments into predefined bookmark) in to MS Word if My MS Word document is Office 2007 ( .docx ) format ?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, the insertion of OLE objects are still not supported by the latest version of our product. Once this new feature will be supported, we will notify you immediately.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)