Inserting OLE object in Excel worksheet: "Cannot start the source application for this object"

Hello,
I am trying to create an Excel document using Aspose.Cells and within that document I want to insert several OLE objects (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Image, Text documents..).

Long story short, I have 8 sample types of documents I want to insert (.jpg, .txt, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx). I am able to create the document, to insert these documents as ole objects and here are the results:
- If I save the result document as an .xlsx, I am able to open from within that document the .doc, .ppt and .xls objects. For the rest, I get the following error message: "Cannot start the source application for this object"

- If I save the result document as an .xls, I am able to open from within that document the .doc, .ppt, .xls, and additionally the .jpg and .txt objects. For the rest, I get the same error message: "Cannot start the source application for this object".

I have attached a sample project. Check the bin\Debug for the results after running it and copy the result files on a different machine, where the source files do not exist.

What could cause such inconsistent behavior ? I am very interested in your feedback.

PS: My Office programs already have the Protected View disabled.

Kind regards,
Ionut

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

After running your sample project, we were able to notice the issue. Some of the Ole objects start fine while other throws message.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into this issue and resolve it. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41455.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.2,

Let us know if fixes your issue now.

Thank you.

Thank you very much, it works.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix v7.4.1.2.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41455) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.