Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Inserting Radio Buttons as HTML into the Document adds two extra spaces at the beginning

I’m using the following code to insert radio buttons into a document using documentbuilder insert html

    		for (String choice : choices)
    		{
    			
    			radioHTMLText.append("<form><input type=\"radio\">");
    			radioHTMLText.append(StringUtils.trim(choice));
    			radioHTMLText.append("</form>");
    			if(qRecord.getItemValueString("QuestionOrientation").equalsIgnoreCase("pageDirection")){
    				radioHTMLText.append("<br />");
    			}
    		}
    		radioHTMLText.append("</td>");
    		radioHTMLText.append("</tr></tbody></table>");
    		builder.insertHtml(radioHTMLText.toString(),true);

In the generated word document it looks like this:

image.png (3.6 KB)

Is there a way to keep it from inserting those two spaces?

@paul.calhoun,

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.4, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16730. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I need an update on this please. It has been almost two months since it was reported and have not had an update.

@paul.calhoun,

Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-16730) is not resolved yet. We have completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. But I am afraid, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date (no ETA is available at the moment). This is because there are many other important issues in queue ahead of your issue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

So how is the “importance” of an item determined? Obviously its not based upon time as this was reported over two months ago. I believe items should be handled on a first reported next fixed basis. I for the life of me can not understand why it takes your company over six months to fix reported BUGS. Reminder, that this is software we PAY for. So what is it we need to do to make OUR issue more important ? Pay more money?

@paul.calhoun,

The issue was logged on 12th of April, 2018. We have noted your concerns and will update you as soon as any estimates or further updates regarding this issue are available.

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion. Yes, we work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

OK. Just so I’m clear. There is NO WAY to expedite this issue. Correct?

@paul.calhoun,

If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at paid support options - e.g. purchasing Paid Support will allow you to post your issues in our Paid Support Helpdesk and raise the priority of this issue. Many Paid Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Paid Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum - https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase

@paul.calhoun,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSNET-16730 has now been resolved and the fix of this issue will be integrated in next release of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.7. We will inform you via this thread as soon as 18.7 release of Aspose.Words will be published at the start of next month.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16730) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.7 update.