Inserting Rows into Middle of Table

Please can you provide an example in VB of how to insert rows in the middle of a table, so that they retain the formatting from the row above. I have been able to insert rows, but am struggling to get the rows at the right place in the table, and with the correct formatting. Thanks

Here is a sample code:

Dim filename As String = Application.StartupPath + "\doc1.doc"

Dim doc As Document = New Document(filename)

' ordinal of table that you want to work with

Dim tablenum As Integer = 0

' ordinal of row that you want to copy and insert

Dim rownum As Integer = 0

Dim table As Table = doc.GetChild(NodeType.Table, tablenum, True)

If table Is Nothing Then Return

Dim row As Row = table.Rows(rownum).Clone(True)

table.Rows.Insert(rownum, row)

doc.Save(Application.StartupPath + "\doc1_modified.doc")

Don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions .

Wow - that must be the fastest response ever! Thanks. I will try it

Hi,

I have run into a couple of problems with this. Firstly, Aspose.Words seems to think there is an additional row in the table, which I cannot detect using Word VBA code. Running a table.row.GetText returns "a", but this row does not exist in Word. Secondly, how do I add text into the cells in the new row?

Thanks again for your help

Please be more descriptive on your first question. It is unclear what the problem is.

Concerning your second question - on how to add text into the cells in the new row. The most convenient way of doing it is using the DocumentBuilder.MoveToCell + DocumentBuilder.Write methods.

Thanks. I will investigate this. I’ve also figured out that the first problem is not a problem after all (afraid it was some dodgy code I had entered whilst trying to figure out how to clone rows. Sorry about that!). Thanks again for your help