Instal Aspose.Total trial- no libraries appear in Add Reference

Just downloaded and installed Aspose.Total for .NET, and all the entries appear under All Programs -> Aspose, but when I go to a .NET 4.0 project and do Add Reference, nothing Aspose appears under the .NET tab. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Ethan,

In order to add reference to an Aspose component, you need to browse to the Aspose installation directory and select the appropriate product and then particular version. You may find the product DLLs under “c:\Program Files\Aspose<Product>\Bin\netx.x” or
“c:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose<Product>\Bin\netx.x”.

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello Ethan,

Thanks for using our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Please note that if you are creating an application in Visual Studio 2010 and trying to add Aspose.Pdf for .NET reference, you might not be able to see Aspose.Pdf listed under .NET tab. In order to add Aspose.Pdf.dll to your project, you need to use Browse tab and point to Aspose.Pdf for .NET installation folder and select Aspose.Pdf.dll present under net4.0 folder.

In my case, Aspose.Pdf.dll is present under C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf for .NET\Bin\net4.0. In case you still face any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

You may also check out following link for more information on Reference Aspose.Pdf from a .NET project

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team, we recommend you to kindly see the document for reference:
http://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Using+Aspose.Cells+component+on+32+bit+and+64+bit+Platforms

That’s what I ended up doing (browsing and finding the .DLL). However, am I misreading your documentation?:

mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf%20for%20.NET\Help\Aspose.Pdf.chm::/Reference-Aspose-Pdf-from-a-NET-project.html

which says:

1. In Solution Explorer, expand the project node you want to add a reference to.
  2. Right-click the References node for the project and select Add Reference from the shortcut menu.
  3. In the Add Reference dialog box, select the .NET tab (selected by default).
  4. If you have used MSI installer to install Aspose.Pdf for .NET, you will see Aspose.Pdf for .NET in the top pane. Select it and then click the Ok button.

or maybe this only works if you've installed the individual product, and not the Total package? In any event, I am confused by it.

Hello Ethan,

Thanks for contacting support.

The information shared on respective page is based on VisualStudio 2005 and target platform is .net 2.0. Please note that when using VisualStudio 2005 or VisualStudio 2008, the product appears under .NET tab of Add Reference dialog. We are really sorry for this confusion and inconvenience.