Install Aspose.Slides on Reporting Services 2008

Hi,

I have upgraded my SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition to the version 2008. Now I installed Aspose.Slides (Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 2.0.3.0) manually like the description in the manual und in the same way like I have done this in SQL Server 2005:

- Copy the dll to ...ReportServer\bin
- Make changes in rsreportserver.config
- Make changes in rssrvpolicy.config

But in the list of possible export-formats, I cannot find any ppt-Export like in 2005?

Do I have forgotten something?

Thanks for help!

Best regards,

Andreas Maier

Hello Andreas,

Current version of Aspose.Slides for RS doesn’t work with SQL Server 2008.
Support for SQL Server 2008 is in development yet.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply! When would the version for 2008 release?

And what’s going on with this message: http://www.wwwcoder.com/Forums/tabid/233/forumid/2/postid/4445/view/topic/Default.aspx

Best regards,

Andreas Maier

2008 support was posted by mistake in our blog and moved to this message.
Microsoft changed too much in the 2008 rendering core so it’s not fully back compatible.
Currently I can’t tell about timeframes for the new release.

Hello Alexey,

I have 3 additional questions about that :

- if I buy today an Aspose licence for "Aspose.Slides for RS", will it be updated for free to the new release supporting SQL Server 2008?

- do you have a timescale on when this support will be operationnal?

- is Aspose.Slides usable (even with not all rendering supported) with SqlServer 2008, or is there a major uncompliancy?

Thank you for your feedback.

Isabelle

Hello Isabelle,

1. If you buy today you will have one year of free upgrades.
2. There is only one serious problem and we couldn’t solve it yet. Unfortunately, I can’t tell how long it
will take to solve it. May be 2 weeks, may be 2 months. Anyway, it will be done as soon as possible.
3. It’s not usable at all because RS 2005 and 2008 have too many differences in export core.

Hi Alexey,

Do you have today an idea about timeframes for the new Aspose.Slides release compliant with SSRS 2008?

Thanks for your feedback.

Isabelle

Hello Isabelle,

It’s ready and we are doing last testing.
I think we will publish Aspose.Slides for RS2008 in the first week of January.

Hi, i don’t see any information regarding SSRS 2008 support on the product page, and the demo is still 2005. Does SSRS 2008 work?

Hi,

You can download the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services here that supports SSRS 2008. When you install it, you will find chm help at Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services\Help\.