Install Fails to Make Aspose.Words Available to VS 2008

Used the .msi file to install Aspose.Words for Reporting Services on my PC but when I open a Reporting Services project in VS2008 and run a report the Aspose.Words rendering options aren’t available. I tried updating the files described in help for manually integrating Aspose.Words with VS2008 but the files are write protected and though my account is an administrator account nothing I do gets around this.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Have you tried to close Visual Studio and then run installer again? Also, try to edit the configuration files as described here, but close the Visual Studio first:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/reportingservices/integrating-manually-with-visual-studio-report-designer/
Best regards,

I uninstalled the software and then re-installed right after boot up and before opening VS 2008 but it still doesn’t work. I also still cannot edit the VS configuration files. Attempting to save results in an ‘Access denied’ error. For what it’s worth, I’m running Windows 7 64-bit.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I suppose, this is the root cause of the problem that config file are not editable. Probably the installer also cannot write into these config files and that is why Aspose.Words for SSRS is not integrated into Visual Studio.
You should check what is locking the configs on your side and try to release them.
Best regards,

I believe Windows 7 is locking down the configuration files because they are in the Program Files folder and everything is marked as read only. I’m surprised that no one else has had this issue. It’s obviously a show stopper for us if we can’t even get it installed to evaluate.

Finally figured it out. Had to execute command prompt as administrator. Navigated to my downloads folder and ran the msi file and everything was updated and I see the additional rendering extensions in VS2008.

Hi
It is perfect that you managed to resolve the problem. Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we are always glad to help you.
Best regards,