Install issues for Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service

I am trying to install slides for reporting services in my development enviroment, which is a 64bit windows 7 machinw running visual studio 2008. I have followed the manual install procedure and can see the correct options for export when I run a report. But when I choose any of the 4, i get the following message.

An error occurred during local report processing

Can't find RS2008 instance in the registry

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am trying to use the RS2008 R2 version.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you. It will be really appreciable if you may please share which version of SQL Server is installed on your end along with report server instance. For sake of assurance, I am assuming that you have followed the guidelines shared here to install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services with Visual Studio 2008. Please also share which version of Aspose.Slide for Reporting Services you are using.

Many Thanks,

Yes I did follow the install instructions for Visual Studio. I do not have SQL server installed in the same enviroment that I use visual studio. I develop all my report on my local machin but connect to a company database on an external machine.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

I regret to share that the environment that you have mentioned is unfortunately not fulfilling the requirements of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services on end. You need to have report server installed on your machine along with database instance to get things going on your end. Please visit this documentation link for your further kind reference.

Many Thanks,

This does not seem practical for a development enviroment. Will this be addressed in future releases?

Hi Jay,

I would recommend you to please kindly visit this article to process the reports locally and also deploying them on remote server. I am also working over the same matter and will try producing the similar article for Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services as well for further future reference. Hopefully, it will prove helpful to you.

Many Thanks,