Install questions

Hello—<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I just purchased a copy of your excel component. I have a few questions:

• The component is going to be used in a .NET app – do you see any issues with putting it in the bin directory [ies] for the site Sleep that will be using it?
  • I read that the license needs to be installed programmatically – since I am not a programmer do you have a simple script I can use to install the license?
  • Are all versions backwards compatible?

That should do it.

1. You can build you application in your development machine and copy the dlls to the server. Because Aspose.Excel is a strong named dll, you may meet problem while directly replacing the old dll with the new one. Please re-build you application while upgrading.

2. You just call set license code in your program and put the license file in the right place, such as bin folder or the same folder with your application.

3. We try to keep version compatibility in all versions. But sometime we will enhance the product and remove some apis. If we want to remove a method, we will obsolete it first and keep it for one year. After one year, we will remove it.