Install site license failure

Received : 2007/11/01 15:36:03
Message : We have installed the site license file for Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, provided as Aspose.Words.Reporting.Services.lic. It is not working - reports generated locally do not say “Evaluation”, but reports generated by hitting the report server from other computers will say “Evaluation”.

The installed version of the program is 2.0.0.0. The license file is in both the bin and the bin\SSRS2005 folders. Here are the things we have tried:

1. Copy Aspose.Words.Reporting.Services.lic to Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.lic
  2. Restart both reporting service and IIS

Below is the license file, with the and removed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<License>
  <Data>
    <LicensedTo>Thomson</LicensedTo>
    <Developers>Site Subscription</Developers>
    <Servers>Unlimited</Servers>
    <CPU>Unlimited</CPU>
    <OEM>This is a non-redistributable license.</OEM>
    <Products>
      <Product>Aspose.Words for Reporting Services</Product>
    </Products>
    <EditionType>Enterprise</EditionType>
    <SubscriptionExpiry>20081031</SubscriptionExpiry>
    <LicenseVersion>2.1</LicenseVersion>
  </Data>
 </License>

Thomson
Site Subscription
Unlimited
Unlimited
This is a non-redistributable license.

Aspose.Words for Reporting Services

Enterprise

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry. The behaviour you described is quite strange because basically the location from which you access Report Server should not affect licensing in any way. Hmm… Are you accessing Report Server remotely via an URL? Is it 100% the same server that is accessed locally?

It is the same server, yes… but I realized that I just couldn’t see the Eval notice when opening it using Wordpad instead of Word.
So I am always getting the eval notice. Any ideas?

Oh, it makes the cause easier to find.

1. Please make sure that the .lic file is placed into the same directory where the Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll assembly is located.
  2. Could you please attach your license file to test?

Thanks.

Yes #1 was done. File is attached.

Hi
Thanks for additional information. I tried to use the attached license and it works fine on my side. I will try to find the reason of your problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.