We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Installed Cells for Reporting Services - no additional export formats

I installed Cells for Reporting Services 1.5 2 on Windows 7 x64 and SQL Server 2008 x64 Developer Edition SP1 (my workstation).

My immediate interest is exporting to Excel 2007 format .xlsx to produce smaller (compresses) files and overcoming the limitation of 65,000 rows per worksheet.

After I downloaded the product, I installed it and chose both client and server. Now what? When I run a report in SSRS report manager, I do not have any additional export formats in the export format drop down box. Tried rebooting the workstation. Do I need to do anything else to get report manager to see the additional export formats?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Installation - Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

Hi,

Please try the version attached on the thread:
<a href="

If you still find the issue, manually try to set configurations for Reporting Services.

Please give us your feedback.

Thank you.

Thank you, I will try the version you mentioned in your reply.

Meanwhile, I may have closed in on the problem. My workstation is a dual boot - Win XP x86 and Win 7 x64, with SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition installed on both.

I ran the same intallation file on Win XP and it worked - I had the additional export formats in Report Manager. When I looked at what SSRS config files had been updated on the XP side, I found two in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer:

rsreportserver.config
rssrvpolicy.config

The corresponding files DID NOT get updated when I did the install on Win 7 x64. Maybe the installer is getting confused because x64 has both a Program Files folder and a Program Files (x86) folder.

Anyway, if the other version doesn't work automatically, I'll look at modifying the config file manually.

Chuck Bevitt

I downloaded and installed the version from the link in Amjad Sahi's reply. It does provide the additional ASPOSE export options in Report Manager after installing on Win 7 x64 with SQL Server 2008 x64.

I exported my report to xlsx using the ASPOSE export option. However, when I opened it in Excel 2007, I got a dialog box saying the the file was corrupt and would I like Excel to try to fix it? After fixing it, the date format for date fields was wrong. Also, when I saved the 'fixed' file, it was twice as large as the original, exported file.

I've attached an rtf file with notes and screen shots of the problem and the xlm error log of the problem that Excel said it fixed.

Hi Chuck,

Is it possible that you can share the .RDL file that you are using. We need to verify this problem at our end.