Installer Error

Bradley> Hello. I’m trying to install Aspose.Pdf 4.1.2 product over Windows 7 x64, and the installer just gives me an error
Bradley> "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. this may indicate a problem with this package. the error code is 2869"
Bradley> i’ve tried from both aspose.total, and the standalone aspose.pdf installer
Bradley> the other products in aspose.total installed just fine<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />

Bradley> i was jsut able to extract the files from teh msi installer using
Bradley> msiexec /a “aspose.pdf+4.1.2.msi” targettir="c:\test"
Bradley> so i got the assembly files out of it that i need. but it seems there is something not working with the installer in some cases

Bradley> i also don’t have IIS installed if that matters

Bradley> msi error 2869 seems to relate to not having the correct permissions on the OS to run the installer
Bradley> though i have UAC disabled, and am running under an account with admin permissions
Bradley> this website seems to give more information.
Bradley>
Bradley> http://hunter555.blogspot.com/2007/02/installer-error-code-2869-msi-and-uac.html

This message was posted using Email2Forum by codewarior.

Hello Bradley,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario while installing Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.2.0 over Windows7 Ultimate 64 Bit with .NET Framework 2.0 and I am unable to notice any problem during installation process. You may also visit this link for information on how to correct the issue.

PS, I have used an account which is the part of Administrative group for installation purpose.

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for your inconvenience.