Installing 6.1.0: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding

Hi,

I tried to install 6.1.0 using nuget in VisualStudio2015 and keep getting the above error.
This occurs in an existing project and in a new(empty) Console app.

Are the files somehow corrupt on the nuget servers ?

The stack trace for nuget:

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.DecodeDynamicBlockHeader()
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at NuGet.Packaging.NuGetPackageUtils.ExtractFiles(ZipArchive archive, String targetPath, String nupkgFileName, String hashFileName)

I was actually able to navigate here:

[https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/package/Aspose.Email/6.1.0.nupkg ](https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/package/Aspose.Email/6.1.0.nupkg)

and download and unzip the .nupkg file yet it still failed to install from nuget.org .

I’ll see if other people here have the same issue.

Nuget version is 3.3.0.167

Here is the thread on the Nuget issue tracker

Cannot install Aspose.Email 6.1.0 (Install-Package : Found invalid data while decoding.) · Issue #1881 · NuGet/Home · GitHub

They are saying the dll in lib\net40-client is corrupted.

Hi Dev,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have launched an investigation ticket in our issue tracking system under Id:EMAILNET-35090 for product team consideration. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

It seems like this is now fixed, but Nuget did say the package was corrupt and they will work on adding more validation to not accept corrupt packages in future.

I was able to install it and checking the fixes out now

Hi Dev,

Thank you for providing feedback. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.