Interested in purchase

Hi, Need clarification as interested in your product, word to PDF conversion

Hi Sundaresh,
Thanks for your inquiry.
You can easily render any Microsoft Word document (e.g. DOC, DOCX, RTF etc) to PDF format by using Aspose.Words. I would suggest you please read the following article for more details:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for quick reply.

We downloaded the trial version and using java api to successfully convert the word to PDF. The converted PDF, we feed to our application. As part of our application logic we will add the initials tagged on the converted PDF as part of our application requirement ( Writing to this PDF is done using Pdfbox1.8 code which is used in our application). To our surprise, we find that tagged initials are not coming as desired with the PDF which are converted using Aspose tool i.e. 180 degree shift what we see as per the desired. I wanted to attach the sample document so that you get to know what is going wrong when I am using Aspose tool for creating PDF, i am unable to attache here. Please let me know how can i share the sample document so that you can help us with this issue. This is one of the issue we are facing to use the Aspose tool, otherwise we are good with rendering part.

Thanks in advance !

We need your help soon. Could you let us know a number and time when we could reach you?

Hi Tahir,

In continuation to previous thread, expecting reply from you. Details on the sample documents are attached i.e. Expected_PDF which is valid behaviour where as when we use the Aspose tool to convert docx to PDF and use the converted PDF in our application which adds the intitial images tagged on the Bottom right margins which is shown in the attached Quadrant_180_Issue pdf.

Let us know, if this is still not clear. We are expecting instead of tagging the images in the top right margin it is tagging in bottom i.e. 180 degree shift . This is happening for all types of documents. Hopefully, this should be configuration issue and could be resolved from your end. Let us know on this earliest, as this is a show stopper issue for us to make the buying decision.

Apart from this, we have another clarification on the fonts:

a) When you convert the docx to PDF, do you keep the fonts similar to what you have in source document ?

b) Can we convert the PDF from docx by defining our own font. User specific fonts.

Thanks in advance ! Awaiting for your reply on the above concerns.

Hi Sundaresh,
Please accept my apologies for late response.
Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (e.g. Tiff, PDF, XPS or SWF). Make sure you have all the Fonts installed on the machine you’re using to convert Word document to Tiff. I would suggest you please read the following article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/using-truetype-fonts/
Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the reply. We got the clarification on one of the two queries we asked for. Still we didn’t get the reply for the query below, also I have attached 2 sample documents in the previous reply for your understanding on our problem.

“We downloaded the trial version and using java api to successfully convert the word to PDF. The converted PDF, we feed to our application. As part of our application logic we will add the initials tagged on the converted PDF as part of our application requirement ( Writing to this PDF is done using Pdfbox1.8 code which is used in our application). To our surprise, we find that tagged initials are not coming as desired with the PDF which are converted using Aspose tool i.e. 180 degree shift what we see as per the desired.” In the previous reply you can find the sample attachments.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share following detail for investigation purposes?

What environment are you running on?

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version (or Java version )
  • Provide information about your specific culture, such as the name of the culture, language and country/region.
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the input MS Word document that is causing the issue

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your reply. Here are details which you and your technical team can look into:

1. We are using Mac OS 10.8 ( Mountain Lion ) and Linux: 2.6.32-300.11.1.el5uek

2. Architecture : 64 bit

3. Java: jdk1.6

4. The zip code is attached which contains the following:

a) Input folder :

i) Generated PDF from docx using Aspose: BullettingTest_Aspose.pdf

ii) Genereated PDF from fox using printerDriver BullettingTest_Docx2PDF.pdf

b) Output folder:

i) Here is the o/p generated after running the java code:AsposeConvertedPDF_Issue.pdf

ii) Here is the o/p generated after running the java code:The NormalPDF_Docx2PDF.pdf

c) GenerateSignedPdfNew.java is the source code using pdfbox 1.8.1 version jar to compile this file.

This file has 2 methods i.e. superImposeInitialImageOnPDF & superimposeSignatureOnLastPage. We have issue in this method superImposeInitialImageOnPDF WRT Aspose converted PDF we are using as i/p to this program. You will understand the issue once you look at the 2 output PDFs as part of the attachment

d) initial.jpg -> used in both initals & signature on the PDF. Initals are positioned on the top right corner of the PDF and signature are positioned on the last page i.e. appended to the original PDF. We are only facing issue with initials and not the signature.

1. BullettingTest.docx the original docx file which we convert to PDF using Aspose APIs.

Hope the above explanation gives the details for your team to analyse. Appreciate, if you give us the solution for the issue we are facing. Awaiting for your reply !

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I am working over your query and will update you asap.

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for the additional information. Regarding your outstanding query, I tested that scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-8835. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais Hafeez,

Thanks for tracking the issue with Aspose development team.

I would appreciate if you get the timelines on releasing this fix. This helps us to take the decision and move forward with the Aspose product.

Appreciate, if we get the required details ASAP.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for being patient. It is to update you that our development team has completed the analysis of WORDSNET-8835 and the root cause has been identified. In PDF the (0,0) point is at the bottom left corner but we apply transform to every page to make (0,0) at the top left corner. Output PDF doesn’t have such transformations that is why PdfBox code applied to the PDF document gives different results. We have found that PDPageContentStream class from PdfBox library has following function to draw image correctly:

drawXObject(PDXObject xobject, AffineTransform transform)

Draw an xobject(form or image) using the given AffineTransform to position the xobject.

It’s just needed to properly calculate the transform. I think the transform should be something like (1,0,0,-1,dx,dy), where dx = x_for_initial, dy = pageHeight - y_for_initial + imageHeight. Please try implementing this solution and let us know how it goes on your end? I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais Hafeez,

Thanks for tracking the issue is WORDSNET-8835 and suggesting the alternate approach. We found this issue and fixed in the code as a temporary solution. We are looking this issue to be fixed in the Aspose side rather implementing in our code. It would be great if this issue can be fixed in the licensed version of the Aspose which we planned to buy.

Thanks Again !

Hi Sundaresh,

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep you informed of any developments and let you know once your issue is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8835) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.