Intermittant DisplayStringValue returning with a . at the end

I have one machine, a test machine, which for some reason is returning an incorrect value from the Cell.DisplayStringValue method.

Using an Excel 2007+ (xlsx) workbook, select a cell and go into Format Cell.

Under the Number, select Custom, and enter a value of 0#

Cell format: 0#

Place a value of 1 in the cell. It should display as 01

When reading the cell, using the DisplayStringValue method, this one machine returns 01. (note the period at the end).

Expected Value: 01

Returned Valued: 01.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? This seems to only happen on this one machine with versions 9.3.4+ (9.4).

I am working on building multiple test platforms to attempt to replicate the issue and narrow down the cause. Any help is appreciated.

ADVthanksANCE

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.4.0.4
It works fine. The display string value property shows the correct results.

Unfortunately, having been working with version 9+ and being dependent upon that functionality, using an older version is NOT a solution.

I believe I mentioned the older versions work. If not, they do. We've developed beyond those versions and can't go back.

It seems like you are aware of this issue? If so, is there a forecast for when it will be resolved with the CURRENT version? :)

Thanks!

Disregard… 9.x doesn’t exist. See what happens when a developer gets over-involved in testing? lol!

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

Can you please give me an overview of how Aspose.Cells resolves the display value between the cell format and the regional settings?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

As we mentioned earlier, please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.4.0.4
. It will resolve your issue.

If you still find any issue, please feel free to post with sample code alongwith source files. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

I did and responded higher in the thread. This did not resolve the issue.

The problem is it is only occurring on ONE test machine and we can't replicate it elsewhere.

Sample code.

Workbook wb = new Workbook(@"C:\Filename.xlsx");

Worksheet ws=wb.WorkSheets["Sheet1"];

console.writeline (ws.Cells[0, 3].DisplayStringValue); // one machine returns '01.' from a formatted cell using '0#'. All others work correctly.

Indecipherable:

I have one machine, a test machine, which for some reason is returning an incorrect value from the Cell.DisplayStringValue method.

Using an Excel 2007+ (xlsx) workbook, select a cell and go into Format Cell.

Under the Number, select Custom, and enter a value of 0#

Cell format: 0#

Place a value of 1 in the cell. It should display as 01

When reading the cell, using the DisplayStringValue method, this one machine returns 01. (note the period at the end).

Expected Value: 01

Returned Valued: 01.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? This seems to only happen on this one machine with versions 9.3.4+ (9.4).

I am working on building multiple test platforms to attempt to replicate the issue and narrow down the cause. Any help is appreciated.

ADVthanksANCE

Hi,

We are afraid, we do not know why one machine of yours is not working correctly and others are working fine.

Hi,

We have made some enhancements for formatting to avoid such kind of strange
issue. Please try the new fix to check whether it can solve your problem.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41441) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.