Intermittent evaluation watermark appears when document is converted to PDF using Aspose version 6.7.0.0

Hello - we have been using Aspose pdf version 6.7.0.0 product version 2012.02.01 for a number of years, to convert documents to PDF.
We have an intermittent problem - that we see the message printed across our documents as a red watermark.
“Error Message: Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd.”

I guess this occurs between 1-10%.

I see 26k hits for searches for this message- does any fix , work around exist?

Regards Andy

@Andrew_Grant

Please make sure that you are setting the license correctly. We would also like to mention few points here:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

Thank you for your response.

The problem is intermittent.
So we have lets say 1000 documents converted to PDF each day.
Randomly 10 documents through out the day will have the failure message printed.
When these documents are noticed at the print stage , we organise the same source document to be reconverted - this time it will convert ok, the print of the document does not show the watermark.

We monitor the calls to check the license - we see not failures.
The code executed remains exactly the same and does not vary just the results.

The system has plenty of head room on CPU and Memory.
Looking at activity logs when the conversions happened - we see no peaks - or any other anomalies.

Regards Andy

@Andrew_Grant

We suggest you please put the License.SetLicense method in try catch block and make sure that it is set for your application.

If you have some old licenses, please remove them from your application and disk also.

If you still face problem, please post your license file via private message . In order to send a private message with attachment, please click on my name and find “Message” button.

Please also ZIP and attach your input documents for which you are facing this issue. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi - have you been able to look at the license file and doc - do you have any further suggestions.
Regards Andy

@Andrew_Grant

Your query is related to Aspose.PDF. We have moved this thread to Aspose.PDF forum where you will be guided appropriately.

Hello - I can not find my query on aspose.pdf could you provide a link please.

Regards Andy

@Andrew_Grant

This whole thread has already been moved to the Aspose.PDF forum category. We have checked the files and screenshots shared by you. Would you kindly share a sample code snippet through which you are generated PDF files and experiencing evaluation mark in them. This would help us testing the scenario accordingly.

Also, please try using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.1 before sharing the code snippet.