Invalid characters in email subject line causes issues extracting the attached PDF

When the subject line of an EML , msg file contains special characters like <> or " " , the attachment is not extracted.
We need a list of all such charcaters which are considered invalid in the subject line and can cause the pdf extraction to fail.

We are using version 5.0.0. of Aspose.Email.dll

Following is the exception:
Conversion exception encountered: Illegal characters in path.

@aaparkh,

There is no such list available that could raise the problem you have mentioned. We have noticed that you are using quite an older version of the API that could be the cause of this issue. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET and try with it. If the issue still persists, please share your sample email message file with us for further investigation at our end.

Hello Kasif,
Thank you for the response.
I am having issues downloading the latest dll file, from the following link

Is thre any way you can send the dlls/zip over the email ?

@aaparkh,

Please login to Aspose Website before downloading the zip package of Aspose.Email API DLLs. You can also install Aspose.Email API via Nuget Package Manager from here. Please refer to the installation instructions mentioned in our documentation and let us know if you still feel some issue.

I logged in to Aspose. I navigated to the downloads page. Download C# .NET Library for Email Processing | Aspose.Email
When I click on the download button present for ’ Aspose.Email for .NET 18.3 (dlls only) ’ I get redirected to a blank page and nothing happens after that.
Can you send over the dll zip over email ?

@aaparkh,

We recommend you to clear your browser cache or use Ctrl+F5 to refresh your browser history and try again. Meanwhile, we have uploaded the DLLs here for downloading purpose. You can also try to download from nuget link we have shared with you earlier. Please let us know if you need further assistance in this regard.