Invalid CharsetProvider Entry

Hi,

we have a similar problem as posted in
https://forum.aspose.com/t/68892
We are using Aspose Total for Java and I found an invalid CharsetProvider entry in the JAR aspose-imaging-1.7.0-jdk15.jar.
The JAR contains the file META-INF/services/java.nio.charset.spi.CharsetProvider with the content “com.aspose.ms.java.utf7charset.provider.CharsetProvider”. However this class is not contained in this JAR nor in any of the others in the Aspose Total products.
As pointed out by user curmas in the posting above this will cause an error when the available charsets are requested via Java (“Charset.availableCharsets()”).
I therefore consider this as a serious problem, as it may break code in areas that are not directly related to Aspose.

By the way I also found java.nio.charset.spi.CharsetProvider entries in aspose.pdf-3.3.jdk15.jar. As they are not located in META-INF/services they will have no effect, although they seem quite superfluous.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have logged the issue as IMAGING-33424 in our issue tacking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about issue progress status via this forum thread.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGING-33424) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.