We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Invalid end column index exception with xlsx file when calling worksheets.GetRangeByName

I get an “Invalid end column index” exception with the code below when working with an Xlsx file.

var workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Open(“Blank 2007.xlsx”);

var worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
var range = worksheet.Workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName(“RowRanges.R1”);

The same code works when working with an Xls file.

The code used to work with Aspose.Cells 4.8.2.5 and after we upgrade to 4.9.0.2 it stopped working. We have upgrade to 5.0.0.2 and still does not work.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Harry

Hi Harry,

We have found the issue in initial investigation.

We have logged this issue in our Issue Tracking System as CELLSNET-18161. We will update you about the further findings soon.

Thank you

Hi Harry,

Please try the attached 5.0.0.7 fix of Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed this issue.

Regards

The new dll fixes the reported error however it seems that a new issue has been introduced. After manipulating the workbook and saving it as an XML file (SpreadsheetML), when opening the file in Excel, Excel is throwing a dialog box indicating “Problems came up in the following aread during load: Workbook Setting” The details of the error are below…

Thanks

Harry

XML ERROR in Workbook Setting
REASON: Bad Value
FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\hmadjarian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AsposeTesting\AsposeTesting\Templates\Blank 2007.xml
GROUP: Names
TAG: NamedRange
ATTRIB: RefersTo
VALUE:

FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\hmadjarian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AsposeTesting\AsposeTesting\Templates\Blank 2007.xml
VALUE:

VALUE:

VALUE:

VALUE:

VALUE:

Hi,

After using your template and saving the file to SpreadsheetML file. I can find the error when opening the geneated file into MS Excel. We will figure it out soon.

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-18239.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

We have fixed the issue.

Thank you.

The fix works.

Thanks you.

Harry

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18239;18161) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.