Invalid formula:""

Hello,

We are receiving such exception when we are trying to generate XLS file using Aspose.Cells:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid formula:"".

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Invalid formula:"".

Source Error:

Line 61: 			Designer.SetDataSource(DataSet);
Line 62: 			SetCustomParameters(Designer);
Line 63: 			Designer.Process(true);

Source File: C:\Projects\AsposeTest\Adform.Reporting.Cells\Renderer.cs Line: 63

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Invalid formula:"".]
   x9d2539cac3622db3.x40937ad35b1cf5f7.x1f490eac106aee12(Cell xe6de5e5fa2d44af5, String xef81f2df12e64618, Byte x804d9de34bfbea97) +569
   Aspose.Cells.Cell.set_Formula(String value) +79
   Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner.x3e54bbcae30d6be7(Cells x77bb6a53fbd162d0, ArrayList x90d1058e9ac01e61) +1182
   Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner.x2e5bc8a8aa47e75f(Cells x77bb6a53fbd162d0, Int32 xa806b754814b9ae0, ArrayList x90d1058e9ac01e61, Boolean xc7c6b06fe22ae06f) +235
   Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner.xa94e1e601d3538e9(x52081e8af42c59a1 x90d1058e9ac01e61) +246
   Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner.Process(Boolean isPreserved) +236
   AsposeTest.Controllers.HomeController.Report(String export) in C:\Projects\AsposeTest\AsposeTest\Controllers\HomeController.cs:144
   lambda_method(ExecutionScope , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +85
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +178
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +24
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__7() +52
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +254
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassc.b__9() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +192
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +399
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +126
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +151
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext) +57
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext) +7
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

The formule, which generates this exception looks very simple:
&=&=IF(E{r}<>0, F{r}/E{r}, 0)

It takes values from columns where Smart Markers are. The most interesting thing is, that if I enter this formule in another cell I don't get such exception and formule works just perfect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gediminas

Hi,

Well, I have tested and used your smart markers dynamic formula i.e…, &=&=IF(E{r}<>0, F{r}/E{r}, 0) with the attached version/fix and it works fine without any issue.

Could you try it and let us know if it works fine.

If you still find the issue, kindly create a simple console application, zip it and post it here to show the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunatelly this patch haven't solved my problem. Please find sample code and excel file attached which I hope will help you to reproduce bug on your side.

It works fine if I move formula from cell G2 to N2. Also it works fine if I remove grouping from first column. I hope it will help.

Gediminas

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the sample application. We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Any news about this issue?

Regards,
Gediminas

Hi,

We will update you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

Just to inform you that Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSNET-11082.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed your issue.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11082) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.