Invalid license file

We had a situation where our license in production went bad on a server. This is on the reporting services side. We have a total license but our powerpoint reports would show the watermark as if the license had expired when in fact it had not. We had to copy the license from another server to resolve the issue.

The other question I have is regarding the version referenced in the watermark. It said 'Created with Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 7.7.3.0." The version we have on the server is 4.9.0.0.

I’m not sure what other information would be useful but we’re simply trying to figure out how to prevent this in the future.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides shows the watermark in presentation when the license is not accessible using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. I suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.1.3 on your end to get the appropriate version watermark. I also suggest you to please copy the license file on following location as well and make the licence location accessible.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Slides</div>

PS: If the above location is not available then please add it your self.

Many Thanks,

Is the extension looking in the Program files first and then the bin or the other way around. We currently have it located in the bin folder.

Hi Rob,

The extension look for license file along side Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services dll first. If for any reason it is unable to load or access that it then looks for license in specified folder. I request you to please create respective directories and copy the license there. I hope it will work for you.

Many Thanks,