Invalid Line Count Information provided by Aspose.Words 5.2.0.0

Hi Support,

We have purchased Aspose.Words 5.2.0.0 but we are facing the Invalid Character Count issue. The code we are using is below.

AsposeDoc.UpdateWordCount()
retVal.Add(AsposeDoc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Characters.ToString(), "vCharCountWOS")
retVal.Add(AsposeDoc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.CharactersWithSpaces.ToString(), "vCharCountWS")

The Microsoft Word is showing the Character Count With Space is 16,906 on the other hand the above code giving the value 16,915 for the attached document.

Can you please reply why the difference is there and what the best can be done to remove the difference?

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Agnihotri
Global Med Data Inc.

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards.

Thanks Support,

We are waiting for your reply desperately since this is questioning our business integrity.

Deepak Agnihotri
Global Med Data Inc.

Hi

You will be notified as soon as the issue is fixed. May I know why this is so important for you? Usually this information is just statistic. Even MS Word does not always update these values.

Best regards,

Yes Andrey why not,

We are in the Transcription Business and we are getting paid off from our client on the basis of number of lines/characters we are producing into the report (Word Document). If some medical or legal practice opens up the document and find out the characters shown into the word document isn’t matching with what we are claiming (through the Aspose.Words) so the false impression is built into their mind and it is very difficult for us to justify the difference to them. That is why the issue is very important to us.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Agnihotri

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as the problem is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Sorry to bother you but if you don’t mind can we know how long it probably going to take to resolve the reported issue since our clients are demanding that as a matter of urgency?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Deepak Agnihotri
Global Med Data Inc.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Currently, I cannot provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks).

The problem occurs because MS Word does not seem to count some whitespaces as characters. We know that MS Word does not count PageBreak and ColumnBreak, but it seems there are some other characters, which are not counted by MS Word .We will deeply investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Support,

Any update on this? We are facing the severe issues in our business due to the invalid charges we are taking from our client. We are losing our reputation in the business. Our clientele are Great Ormond Street Hospital & Brighton and Sussex Hospital so you can imagine what reputation we are having on stake. Just guide us with the way to deal with this please.

Thanks and Support,
Deepak Agnihotri
Global Med Data Inc.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything regarding this issue at the moment. I added your request to my monthly report, so its priority will be increased. I will notify you as soon as the problem is resolved.

Best regards,