Invalid Parameter Error

I am using Aspose.Excel 2.8.0.1 on a 64bit operating system. When I try to Open an ExcelDesigner I get the Error: "Invalid parameter error. HRESULT 0x80030057 (STG_E_INVALIDPARAMETER)". Could you please help me about this error?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We are afraid, you are using quite an older version of Aspose.Cells. We just provide support of the versions which are less than 1-year old.

We strongly recommend you to download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.4.0.1

It should fix your mentioned exception.

Besides, we have lately done some major enhancements and added new features in our product, so you should also download and give a try to latest offline demos of Aspose.Cells which you can find from theses links.

These demos can work with Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010. Please read the readme.txt file before running the demos.

Hi,

I am afraid, I cannot help you much as you are using some older version of the product i.e. v2.8.0.1 which is quite old. I am not sure if it could support 64bit OS or not. Could you try to find out if you have any .NET2.0 compiled version (search the installation directory where you have installed your older Aspose.Excel 2.8.0 (official release)) of the product. If you found it, you may try it if it works fine (not sure though).

In short, I can only recommend you to kindly upgrade and use new versions of the product. For your information, Aspose.Excel is renamed to become Aspose.Cells now which is more robust and over the years we have added many features and enhanced existing features. The later versions of the product does support both 32bit and 64bit OS with support of all the .NET frameworks, e.g .1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x etc. Please see the document for your reference to know which API changes are made in the later versions of the product:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Upgrade+to+Modern+Aspose.Cells+Component

Thank you.