Invalid Scatter Style Val Error

I’m currently evaluating Aspose.Cells for .NET and I’m getting the above error message when trying to convert some Excel files to HTML and PDF.

Is Aspose not able to work with Scatter charts or are there certain properties of scatter charts it can’t handle?

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message and one of the workbooks that contains the scatter chart that may be causing the error.

Thank you!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this exception using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.2.1.1
after running the following sample code using your source Excel files.

We have logged these issues in our database for investigation. We will look into them and fix them. Once, these issues are resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

These issues have been logged as

CELLSNET-43023
- Invalid Scatter Style Val Error in Alarm “Performance_Sep152013.xlsx” spreadsheet
CELLSNET-43024 - Invalid Scatter Style Val Error in “Alarm Volume_Sep152013.xlsx” spreadsheet

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Exception:
at ”.Š.ž(String )
at ”..Œ(€ )
at ”..Ÿ(€ )
at ”..ež(€ )
at ”..Read(€ )
at ”..(String , Chart )
at ”..()
at ”..Read()
at ”.‡.ƒ( , String )
at ”.‡.‰( , String )
at ”.‡.ƒ()
at ”.‡.Read()
at ”.†.(Workbook , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Ÿ(Stream , LoadOptions , Boolean )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Ÿ(String , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook..ctor(String file)

Additional information: Invalid scatter style val
Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.1.2
We have fixed the issue(s).

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I was able to convert the files containing scatter charts to HTML using the new dll, thanks! However, it does look like I have a separate issue now. One of the Excel files (Alarm Performance) uses an image under the scatter as a scale for the scatter points. In the Excel file, you can see that the chart data points appear above the image, but when converted to HTML with Aspose the image covers the scatter points.

I’ve attached the Excel file and the resulting HTML. You can see the points under the image in the chart on the right of the HTML file.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your newly
attached template file to HTML. The chart data points appear below the
image in the rendered HTML file format.

e.g

Sample code:

string filePath = @"e:\test2\Alarm Performance_Sep152013.xlsx";

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + ".out1.html", SaveFormat.Html);

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-43051" for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43024;CELLSNET-43023) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43051) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.