Is Aspose.Cells for SharePoint a possible solution for my issue

One of my clients use ActiveXObject to write Sharepoint Server 2007 data to excel. Last month, the company is migrated to Office 2013, and right now the ActiveXObject doesn’t work anymore.

When I read your the Aspose site, it’s possible to rewrite the functionality with the Aspose.Cells for SharePoint dll? Is this right or are there any catches?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

There are two separate products.

1 - Aspose.Cells for SharePoint
2 - Aspose.Cells for .NET

For Aspose.Cells for SharePoint, you should see its documentation. It will help you find out if it suits your requirements.

( Aspose.Cells for SharePoint|Documentation )

Aspose.Cells for .NET is .NET assembly (dll) which can help you create new Excel documents or manipulate the existing Excel documents without the need to install Microsoft Excel. If you can use any .NET assembly (dll) in your SharePoint customized solution, then you should not have problem of using Aspose.Cells for .NET also.

Please see Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation pages from the following link.

( Aspose.Cells for .NET|Documentation )

Let us know if you have any questions in your mind, we will look into it and help you asap.

I want to use a dll to create a new Excel file in my code, so Aspose.Cells for SharePoint is no option. That’s only a converter. So I need Aspose.Cells for .NET.
Thanks for your documentation.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that you can now decide which component will suit your needs better. In case, you got any other question, please feel free to post, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.