Is it possible to capture coordinates of MergeFields in .doc?

Hello,

I’m working with Aspose.doc and i’d like to know if is it possible to capture coordinates or position of MergeFields in .doc file and if is possible, how to?

Thank you, very much for possibles help and sorry me for errors in text.
I’m speak Portuguese.

Can anyone help me?

Hi
Gustavo,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words.

Please note that MS Word document is a flow document and it does not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages. Our Rendering Engine layouts documents into lines and pages and internally it is possible to determine position (x-y coordinates) of a particular node. But unfortunately, there is no public API, which allows you to determine where the MergeField is located. So, there is no way to find the position of the particular node on page.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate new feature (WORDSNET-2978) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thank you very much for your answer.

But, is it possible to convert to PDF and then map the fields by variables or text?

Thanks for the support.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry, Sure, you can easily render any Microsoft Word document (e.g. DOC, DOCX, RTF etc) to PDF format. I would suggest you please read the following article for more details:
Gustavo:
and then map the fields by variables or text?
I feel this problem is related to Aspose.Pdf, I will move your request in Aspose.Pdf forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf component team will answer you shortly.

Best Regards,

Okay, than you Mr. Hafeez.

can you send me the link of the topic in Aspose.Pdf done for you?

Again, thank you for your help.

Sorry, I saw now that I'm already in forum Aspose.Pdf.

Again, Thank you.
gustavobite:
But, is it possible to convert to PDF and then map the fields by variables or text?
Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

Do you mean, you need to assign name to fields in PDF document ? Please share some details regarding your requirement.
Hello,
we use the Aspose.DOC MergeField to map them and we put signatures.

But I need to get through these coordinates MergeField, but as you can not do that with the DOC, then I wonder if you can do this with the PDF, it's possible to capture words or sentences in PDF with Aspose.PDF?

Thank for help.

gustavobite:
But I need to get through these coordinates MergeField, but as you can not do that with the DOC, then I wonder if you can do this with the PDF, it’s possible to capture words or sentences in PDF with Aspose.PDF?
Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As per my understanding, you need to search particular text string inside PDF document and get the position of that string. If so is the case, then I am pleased to share that this feature can be accomplished using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please visit the following links for further details on

In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please share some more details along with some sample resource files.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2978) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(13)