We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Is it possible to embed OLE Object to MS word ducument?

Hi, I'm Duknam in South Korea.

I have a reqirement that our system produces report file programmatically and embed files into document by OLE Object.

I have examined features of Aspose.Words for Java, but I'm not sure this product would support this functionality.

Can you tell me whether your Aspose.Words for Java can embed OLE Object programmatically?

If it is possible, let me know how I can implement it.

Thank you.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.

What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open an MS Word document and then save it (possibly in another MS Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, creating new OLE objects is not supported.

You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

Best regards,

Would there happen to be an estimated drop date, or a beta release feautring this a functionality?

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue still unresolved. Currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)