Is it possible to hide a PDFs background image to work with preprinted forms?

Is it possible to hide a PDFs background image to work with preprinted forms?

Upon removal of the background image the PDF file will retain the populated form fields which will populate the preprinted form when printed.

We are currently using another product which allows removal of layers to accomplish this functionality. We are looking at changing to your PDF Kit product because of excellent experience we have had with Aspose.Word and because it supports native 64 bit.

This functionality is critical in our decision to purchase because of the necessary usage of preprinted forms in our industry

Thanks

Hi Allan,

I’m afraid, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly. Could you please share the input and output sample PDF files, so we could look into this requirement in detail and guide you accordingly?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Attached are 2 forms.

The source is the same form but the results vary based on removing of the background layer to allow the data to be printed to a preprinted form.

Owner_with_background_image.pdf has layer 0 present which will print to standard stock paper which prints the data plus form fields.

Owner_without_background_image.pdf has layer 0 removed which is the background image to be printed on preprinted form paper. This allows the data to printed to form printer paper.

Hi Allan,

I have looked into this requirement at my end and I’m afraid, it is not feasible to support it with the current version of the component; however, I have logged a new request as PDFKITNET-25899 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,