Is it possible to sign with timestamp an a Hardware certificate?

Hi,

I’ve seen you published a new version of Aspose.pdf.kit.

I was wondering if in this edition is possible to sign a pdf file using a hardware certificate, and in addition if it is possible to add a timestamp to the signature.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

I’m sorry to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit currently doesn’t support timestamping feature; however, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-15493 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

As far as signing from a device is concerned, I would like to share with you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit currently gets a private key from the PFX file or certificate store and then sign the PDF document; I’m afraid, it doesn’t allow you to access the private key from a certificate stored on an external hardware. If you could share some details regarding the device you have to read the certificate from and whether you’ll be able to get the private key from the hardware using some software or not, we might further investigate it at our end to provide support for your requirement in future if feasible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

I am interested whether something has changed with this issue. Does Aspose.Pdf.Kit supports timestamp in the meantime?

Hi Ivan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you considering Aspose.Pdf.

Well, I am afraid; this feature is not available at the moment. However, I have asked the development team to share the details whether this feature is in the development plan in the near future. As soon as I get a feedback from them regarding the ETA, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,